Revo Didn't fix problem with "Runtime error in install: list index out of bound

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hi,

I tried the Revo uninstaller software (to try and get rid of any left-over uninstall) as recommended by mousemonkey(thanks by the way for your efforts!!) But it did not solve the problem with the "Runtime error in install: list index out of bounds (0)" Still getting the message when I try and re-install the software.

Any other options I could try??? Your help is much appreciated!
Can I change anything in the registry, or is it too complex??

Thanks in advance!

John

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Hi DogSnake,

I installed Lexicon PCM Native Bundle. It's an effects plug-in for my DAW (Sonar X1). It installed fine,as far as the dll's go, but for some reason, I saw it in my plug-in folder, but I couldn't locate it in Sonar X1. So I uninstalled it to re-install it. When I tried re-installing it. It would start installing and then stop with the error:
"Run-time error in install: List index out of bounds (0)" I went to the file were it installed to see if anything was left behind after uninstall, and found nothing. Did a registry clean with "TuneUp Utilities"...still nothing.

Then MouseMonkey from this forum suggested to try "Revo". I did install a 30 day free trial, but it did not find any left overs with regards to the Lexicon software install.

Wondering if there is any other way of solving this issue without having to re-install windows 7 - 64bit??...(that's my OS)

I would appreciate any suggestions!!! Anything at all!!!

I hope this info helps you help me.

Thanks in advance!!!

John

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Look at this link. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/). Try running the trouble shooter program. Let us know if it resolves. this situation sor4t of rings a bell, if the above does not work will look around and see if I ca recall something else.

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Hi DogSnake,

I did try the fix-it software from microsoft. It did nothing.

Just want to say thanks so much for your efforts. Your the best!!!

Please let me know if you hopefully do have another solution up your sleeve.

Cheers,

John

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Please let me know a few things. At this time you have tried to uninstall the Lexicon product? Are you insistent on using it if it can be installed again (no guarantee it will work as it did not show in the Sonar the first time)? As it is now does the rest of the system work correctly? I can suggest registry changes that may solve the install issue but will not insure the entire thing will not repeat. Last have you tried a system restore to a point prior to the Lexicon installation?

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Hi DogSnake,

Yes I I did try a system restore, and it didn't fix the issue. In answer to your question. I would like to use the Lexicon software if I could, but more importantly I don't want to screw up my PC. Also...yes...the rest of my system is working fine. I also have installed the "Lexicon Native Reverb Bundle" and it works fine. What baffles me is when I did install the plug-in the first time with no issues the dll's of the" Lexicon Native Effects Bundle" were in my vst plug-in folder(like the rest of my plug-ins that work and are recognized), yet Sonar X1 does not show the "Lexicon Native Effects Bundle" when I open Sonar. It looks like they didn't load or something.

When I tried putting the dll's of my problem Lexicon("Lexicon Native Effects Bundle") into the working Lexicon folder ( "Lexicon Native Reverb Bundle") then opened Sonar they were recognized and started loading, but half way I got a message saying "User privileges insufficient to start a low level driver" and they stopped loading. Tried again as an administrator but same thing. I have in the past moved dll's that are not recognized by Sonar to vst plug-in folders that Sonar recognizes and it works...Sonar then will recognize them. I know that with running 64bit Sonar sometimes has issues with some software that are still 32bit, but Sonar has a bridging thing going on, and if that does not work. I use a software called jbridge that always does the trick. The working Lexicon ( "Lexicon Native Reverb Bundle") works fine and it's bridged. Reason I'm telling you all this is I'm wondering if the bit rate has anything to do with it(with regards to Sonar X1 not recognizing the dll's). I still have the installed dll's from the not working Lexicon in my recycling bin from when I installed the first time before uninstalling it. Is there a way to use them, or do I need to fix the original run time error problem at hand and re-install from scratch? Just to let you know I did try installing it on my other PC and it did install, but I have no Sonar to test if it works, just that it did install with no problems(also running windows 764bit).

I'm sorry if I put out too much info, but I know it give you more to work with, with regards to my issues.

Please let me know what I can do to hopefully fix the run error and hopefully use the software.

I can't say thank you enough for you effort on this matter!!!

John

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Well this certainly complicates the matter lol. If the problem Lex. were the only Lex. then I would suggest going to the reg. and removing certain keys. If that did not work again assuming no Lex. software was present, I would suggest a reg. search for all entries with the Lex. in the key. This second reg. mod. is often time consuming and you have to be very careful of what you choose to delete. The first reg. mod. is much easier and safer, if there was no Lex. software at all. You might try placing the dll files to see if they are recognized. I do not know but the install program may only put those files in place and then link to reg. valuse for uninstall or other program recognitions? The long way arround would be to remove Sonar, all Lex. with Revo. Then delete any files or folders found that it missed. The do a reg. edit to see if anything was missed there. The try for a clean install of it all again. Right now doing any reg. mods. is risky because you may not be able to tell if they hook to the working Lex. software you want to keep or to the non working part. Also it is not a straight forward installation involving Sonar and Lex. You have other software (bridging) involved.

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
Can I uninstall the working Lexicon and then try what ever manual registry clean up idea you had for the run time error on the bad Lexicon? I could then reinstall it again after hopefully fixing the run time error. Or is that not a good idea??

With regards to the "user privileges insufficient to start a low level driver" issue. What is causing it, and can I fix it? Or is it the software? Like I mentioned when I put the dll's from the non working Lexicon in the working Lexicon folder. Sonar will try and install them, but the "user privileges insufficient to start a low level driver" issue occurs.

I really don't want to uninstall Sonar. Too much at stake...lots going on if you know what I mean.

Is there a way to use the existing dll files from the problem Lexicon( which did install the first time) that I still have and make them work with Sonar some how??? That way I don't need to reinstall it and I don't have to worry about the installing issue run time error, unless it is doing damage to my system. Which I'm sure it is not.

Please let me know if there is a way that I can win this battle some way,some how!!

Truly appreciate your extensive help!!!

Looking forward to your response!

John

Dogsnake

Distinguished
OK, if you get your system to the temporary condition where all the Lex. is uninstalled, we can try a manual reg. edit to solve the problem. You can move those dll to a new folder of any name you want to store them but I do not think putting them into another programs files is the thing to do yet. Since may installers not only place files but create associations between those files and other programs/files that are to use them. Use Revo to do the uninstalls also. Does the version you are using have a forced uninstall option? After you do the uninstall look in the following locations (assuming you install to your C drive) for any left over folders that are Lex. (delete them): C:\; C:\Program Files; C:\Program Files (x86); C:\Program File\Common Files; C;\Program Files (x86)\Common Files; C:\Program Data; C:\Users\*for every user look in the App Data folder and in each of the folders inside App Data look for any Lex. folders. That should pretty much be it for any folders and files in the folders. When this is done post again and we will go through the reg. edits. GL

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Hi DogSnake,

Ok so I've removed all the lexicons from all the files you suggested. Please let me know the steps with regards to the registry cleaning. I guess I can hold on to the original dll files from the lex that I'm having issues with? Put them in a saved file....can they be used. I figure if the manual registry cleaning works. I can install everything from new.

Please be kind with the registry cleaning. Layman's terms as possible for us new farts!

Thanks again for everything thus far!!!

John D 62

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Run regedit to open the reg. editor(in the search window you see when you click the start button type regedit and hit enter).
Open the HKEY Current User; expand the Software folder; look for any Lexicon folders and delete them (right click select delete). Close the Current User folde (click on the minus sign at the top of the expanded tree).
Open the HKEY Local Machine; repeat as above; before closing the tree expand the Microsoft folder; scroll down and expand the Windows folder; under Windows expand the Current Version folder; under the Current Version folder expand the Unistall folder; you will see a series of keys with numbers and letters inside brackets-do nothing to them; look down past them and you will see a list in alphabetical order of named keys-if Lexicon is one or more of them delete it.
Exit Regedit; reboot the computer. If you have CCCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner) run the registry clean up tool. I do not like these tools as a rule but this one is not very aggressive and has never hurt a system I have used it on. It will ask if you want to back up the deletions it will make so select yes. That way you can reverse if there is a problem. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT BEFORE DOING THE REGEDIT OUTLINED ABOVE CREATE A RESTORE POINT. If a mistake is made you can restore the registry with the restore point. The other clean up tool will get rid of system clutter in the form of temp files, browser caches, cookies and such. Reboot and see if you can install the stuff you want. GL

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

Hi DogSnake,

Did everything you said. Did find a lexicon file in the HKEY Local Machine. Deleted it. Followed all your steps closely!

Still same issue with the run time. When I tried to install the "Lexicon Native Effects Bundle"(the one that always was the problem). I got the"'Run time error in install:List index out of bounds (0)" message.

What do you suggest now if you don't mind me asking???

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

John D 62

Dogsnake

Distinguished
At this point I would contact Sonar support and Lexicon and ask about comparability. They each may have forums or be able to offer suggestions. You have done everything you should have to do to get the plug in to work.

John D 62

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012

DogSnake.....Thanks for all your help and time on this issue. I don't think Sonar or Lexicon will help. They will say it's my OS that needs to be addressed. I know that it really has nothing to do with Sonar as far as the install goes. Especially since I get a run time error. I might have to just bring in my system to get checked out. Hate to do that, but I need to fix the problem of reinstalling the plug-in.

Once again thank you.

John D 62

P.S. If anything else comes to mind, please let me know via my email.