CowboyFromRamRanch

Prominent
Jul 26, 2020
Hello,
i am planning to build my first pc and i have come across an issue,
my motherboard: msi mpg z490 gaming plus
my AIO: Coolermaster ml360r argb
my case(+3 fans incl): corsair 570X rgb

the issue is that i cant understand how to like plug the rgb cables from the cooler to the motherboard and the incl fans of the case to the motherboard and if i can make it do the same colour and all the different pins like 3 pin and 4 pin and the differences in voltage, the whole consept of these cables i just cant understand, if someone can explain to me in detail i would really appreciate it (also i might not understand it and repeat myself a bit :))
thanks in advance

Solution
Recommend to download all the manuals for the MB, case, and AIO cooler you are planning to buy. Read them first.

And make sure you know what both RGB and aRGB are, how to connect them, etc.

But I put some info for you.
1) MB has one RGB header ( 4pin, +12V/G/R/B), and 2X aRGB headers ( 3pin, 5V/D/G) , and each header ( rgb or argb) can only output 3Amp power, you cannot overload it, if you do you will kill the MB/rgb header. Also don't mix up them, I mean you can't connect the argb fan in the rgb header, because you will kill it too.
Check the MB manual page 41-42.
  1. Because you will have more fans ( rgb or argb), you have to check all the fans to see what power they will draw, because you don't want to overload the rgb header...
Recommend to download all the manuals for the MB, case, and AIO cooler you are planning to buy. Read them first.

1) MB has one RGB header ( 4pin, +12V/G/R/B), and 2X aRGB headers ( 3pin, 5V/D/G) , and each header ( rgb or argb) can only output 3Amp power, you cannot overload it, if you do you will kill the MB/rgb header. Also don't mix up them, I mean you can't connect the argb fan in the rgb header, because you will kill it too.
  1. Because you will have more fans ( rgb or argb), you have to check all the fans to see what power they will draw, because you don't want to overload the rgb header.
  2. When you connect the rgb fan, you have to use two connectors, one for light ( rgb header) and one for power ( regular fan header).
  3. the CM cooler should come with a rgb controller, you can use it. Check the case manual page 14, you will see how to connect these fans. Or watch the youtube here
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQQaUzJEYAY

Solution

CowboyFromRamRanch

Prominent
Jul 26, 2020

1. Because you will have more fans ( rgb or argb), you have to check all the fans to see what power they will draw, because you don't want to overload the rgb header.
  2. When you connect the rgb fan, you have to use two connectors, one for light ( rgb header) and one for power ( regular fan header).
  3. the CM cooler should come with a rgb controller, you can use it. Check the case manual page 14, you will see how to connect these fans. Or watch the youtube here
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQQaUzJEYAY
Thank you so much, you really helped me <3

CowboyFromRamRanch

Prominent
Jul 26, 2020
hello, i am going to build my first pc and my here are my parts:
mb: msi z490 gaming plus
cooler: Coolermaster ml360r argb
case: corsair 570x rgb
can someone tell me if my mb will have enough headers to fit the 3 corsair rgb fans and the 3 CM fans and the pump and if you can explain where and how to fit them i would really appreciate it. If the motherboard doesnt have enough headers, what will i have to do? i at least want to have the fans running at the highest speed but no rgb.
thanks in advance!