Question RGB Connection Issues

Nate_30

Honorable
Nov 13, 2016
I recently purchased two Corsair LL120 120mm fans, thinking that there would be no issue with setting up all the RGB's, since my case (the h500i) came with it's own power hub. However, to my annoyance, I discovered that I apparently need the Lighting Node Pro to successfully link up all the RGB lights. Here's my question: What more do I need to successfully set up the RGB elements of these fans? I'm reading that i need BOTH a lighting node pro and a rgb fan led hub. Is this true? And will they work with my NZXT hub? Or do I need one made by Corsair? I really appreciate the help.

Nate,
I made the same mistake, thinking I could plug two fans into my MB's RGB connectors. They are Asus and only run Asus light strips. Then I find out I need a controller. Go to buy controller only to find out not sold in stores, I can buy online or I can get three new fans with controller for about the same price.
So what I've learned:
If your mother board has fan headers you can use them. (use the ones that are controlled)
You will need two free SATA power connectors or adapters.
You will need a free USB header on MB or a cable you can route from a USB 2.0 on back into the case.
Got them including my HT100 fading red and green for the holidays.
Costly decorations!