[SOLVED] RGB Issues with GSkill Trident Z Royal RAM ?

phi88

Reputable
Oct 27, 2017
Hello,

I've recently have been having issues with setting the RGB lighting on my GSkill Trident Z Royal RAM. I've had this kit for over a year and it worked fine until I recently reinstalled Windows on a new SSD. I used to use Asus Aura Sync, however I could not reinstall it, nor could I install Armoury Crate. I've tried MSI Mystic Light, GSkill Trident Z Lighting Control software, and OpenRGB, neither of which seemed to work (besides Mystic Light and OpenRGB affecting only a single RAM module). Right now the lighting is set to the default rainbow effect. Any ideas as to how to resolve this?

Solution
If you have an ASUS mobo, I would NOT expect the RGB utility software from a DIFFERENT board maker to work for you. I presume each board maker customizes its utility for its boards.

I suggest you contact ASUS Tech Support to inquire WHY their Aura Sync tool could not be installed under a new Windows 10 install on the mobo you have.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you have an ASUS mobo, I would NOT expect the RGB utility software from a DIFFERENT board maker to work for you. I presume each board maker customizes its utility for its boards.

I suggest you contact ASUS Tech Support to inquire WHY their Aura Sync tool could not be installed under a new Windows 10 install on the mobo you have.

Solution