Question RGB lighting confusion

Mar 15, 2019
Hi,

I have recently purchased the gigabyte z390 master. I have the deepcool castle liquid cooler and an extra fan, all addressable RGB. I was under the impression that this deepcool castle was rgb fusion compatible, but here is my problem. The controller that came with the castle controls the center piece and the 3 fans perfectly. It's all in sync. However, when I lose the controller and plug into the addressable header on the mobo instead, RGB fusion controls only the 3 fans correctly. The center piece stays on and just one colour. It doesn't sync. And when i turn off the fans RGB, the center piece stays on. RGB fusion is failing to control it for some reason. I have also tried unplugging the fans with just the center piece connected to the mobo, but still refuses to work properly. When I plug it all back to the deepcools external controller, all is fine again. I'd really like to use with fusion instead of the supplied controller as there are more effect and control than the presets on the controller. Any ideas as deepcool ignored my email?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 15, 2019
Hi Jacob,

Thanks for the reply. I'm positive, I double checked, wait, triple checked before buying :). The fans work (sync) fine. It's the center piece that is the problem. I get what you mean though as it is behaving strangely and all options must be considered. I have tried without the fan connected and still the same problem. All works fine when I go back to the deepcool controller.