[SOLVED] RGB Strips changing color

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
So I decided to purchase some rgb strips for my pc (they can be found here: https://www.amazon.com/ALITOVE-Moth...07SG21T17/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 )
It uses a 4 pin 12v connection and my motherboard is a gigabyte b450m ds3h. The problem is that when I boot into windows 10, the leds change their color from green to a weird mix of every color (it kind of looks yellow). Before getting into windows, the rgb strips work fine, but as it gets into windows, it changes. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Solution
Are you certain that: 1) the rgb strips are indeed 12 volt and 2) if so, that the strips are not connected to a 5 volt header.

Also check the Task Manager > Startup tab. Ensure that no other rgb control apps/programs are being launched at startup.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you certain that: 1) the rgb strips are indeed 12 volt and 2) if so, that the strips are not connected to a 5 volt header.

Also check the Task Manager > Startup tab. Ensure that no other rgb control apps/programs are being launched at startup.

Solution

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019

Okay, and I am sure the rgb strips are 12v. Does razer synapse count as an rgb control app in this case?