[SOLVED] Ridiculously high ping in games but good internet.

Feb 13, 2022
I can easily browse the internet, stream youtube and netflix and download files at a relatively high speed but I get ridiculously high ping in every game reaching up to 20000ms. I've tried different wifi adapters, updating drivers and other methods but nothing has worked. It can also sometimes become painfully slow suddenly at any time of the day and even disconnect. No other PC in my house has this problem. Any ideas?

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12757154964

Solution
You neighbor could have gotten a bunch of new mesh equipment and is now stomping on your wifi signal.

You are not really going to get real far until you know if the problem is the wifi or it is something else. Buying a long cable or temporarily moving the pc closer will likely save you time troubleshooting.
Have you tired this on ethernet. This is a very common problem on wifi. Youtube,netflix and almost any other internet traffic does not really care about ping times. They use buffers to hide any variation in the packet timing. Games can not use buffers because it will cause delays.

Feb 13, 2022
Have you tired this on ethernet. This is a very common problem on wifi. Youtube,netflix and almost any other internet traffic does not really care about ping times. They use buffers to hide any variation in the packet timing. Games can not use buffers because it will cause delays.

I haven't tried ethernet as I don't own a cable long enough to reach my PC but this has only started happening a couple months ago and there was no problem with my wifi before.

I can easily browse the internet, stream youtube and netflix and download files at a relatively high speed but I get ridiculously high ping in every game reaching up to 20000ms. I've tried different wifi adapters, updating drivers and other methods but nothing has worked. It can also sometimes become painfully slow suddenly at any time of the day and even disconnect. No other PC in my house has this problem. Any ideas?

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12757154964
You don't have OneDrive or anything like that running in the background do you? Your not using a VPN?

You neighbor could have gotten a bunch of new mesh equipment and is now stomping on your wifi signal.

You are not really going to get real far until you know if the problem is the wifi or it is something else. Buying a long cable or temporarily moving the pc closer will likely save you time troubleshooting.

Solution