Question Rig Stutters

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
I have been experiencing stutters and jags in my framerates and performance on my relatively new rig that I have built. when in windows it seems quite fine. but when i game i notice it from time to time depending on the game. now what makes this odd and hard for me to track on my own is that its only some games. for example assassins creed Valhalla works really well on high settings with no stutters also destiny 2 max settings is really good and smooth. but apex legends I have a lot of frame drops where my fps goes from 138-144 down to like 112 and when that happens the game kind of jags for a second even if the game is on lowest settings and it really gets on my nerves. i also notice it with games like diablo even though its very minor and borderlands 3 which is super annoying to play. I have done a lot to eliminate background processes and increased my power to performance settings. it seems like GPU issues but it also seems so selective. so I guess my question would be are some of these games just poorly optimized? could it be my hard drives? I am running out of ideas so I am open to any suggestions or questions.

3060 RTX
R5 5600X
MSI X570 gaming board
16GB RAM
3tb WD HDD and 250gb Samsung 870 for my OS
MSI 144hz gaming monitor
Windows 10
Current Updates and Drivers

Last edited:
It defitely shouldn't be a hardware limitation-just to be on the safe side what psu are you using? Is this a clean install of windows or a pre-existing one from another build? Have you tried monitoring your temps under load? Clean install of display drivers?

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
psu i am using is 750watt corsair 750m it was clean installation when i built it through flash bios and as for the cpu temps it hardly ever gets to the high 60'-70 Celsius even when playing ac valhalla or even the new farcry both on high settings. i have noticed one pattern though. it seems to happen when i enter a new area in a game. not necessarily a loading screen but lets say i am in a town in apex and there is a small forest next to that town when i go to that new "area" if you will thats when things seem to jag for a second and then return to normal and reoccur occasionally from area to area.