Question Right PSU for my Components

Jun 25, 2019
Hello!

I'm as new to picking parts for PC-s as anyone can be. I have read buying guides and re-thought every of my choices and now I need someone to help me which picking a right PSU for my build.
I don't care if it's loud or silent. Power saving is important, yeah but it's not as important as safety. So I'm willing to make a choice that will cost me a bit more on a long run
but will guarantee that my desktop won't explode.

Yeah, I did read the "PSU Buying Guide" on this site but I have a few problems with it. Power window graph seems to be really outdated, I'll never trust myself to do any calculations manually,
I have no idea, which PSU brands are "Legit". I'll just dump everything about my future PC here and cry for help.

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX1060 DUAL 6GB GDDR5
RAM: Ballistix Sport LT, DDR4, 8 GB,3200MHz, CL16 (Single Stick of DDR4 8GB. )
SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 512GB PCIe x4 NVMe (M.2 Format. )
Case: Deepcool Earlkase RGB (It has some lighting. Fan glows and there seems to be two sort-of strips at the top and at the bottom. Also there's a bit of light on the exterior.
It also has 2 120mm fans. )
Monitor: AOC 22V2Q (21.5Inch LED IPS)
Mouse/Keyboard: (Power Supply Calculator seems to indicate that it's important. ) Redragon NEMEANLION 2 and Redragon KB VISNU RGB

It will probably be on most of the day and I don't really have a life so I guess that we can assume around 6 hours of gameplay in majority days in which I won't be busy.
I might add a second 8GB RAM stick in the relatively distant future (Few years. ) and even upgrade my GPU but I guess that in case of GPU, I'll have to buy a new PSU as well.

I have troubles believing this calculator because I can't set the details about GPU from its page in the sliders. Also the calculator recommends 378W while Asus com recommends 500W.

Thanks for any response (Unless it's a joke. Please don't post these here, I'm a total newbie and also kind of an idiot. ).

What motherboard are you using? unless its a z series board you will be limited to 2666mhz ram. Dual channel (2 sticks) ram can help performance as well.

Now for the psu:
1) Some good brands for power supplies are SeaSonic, EVGA, Corsair, Be quiet, and Antec.
Each brand has good and bad units tho, so be careful.
2) A good indicator of what wattage you need is what NVIDIA states is the minimum recommended wattage for your GPU.

NVIDIA recommends a 400w at minimum for the 1060, but I would look for a quality 450 or 550w that is 80+ bronze at a minimum in case you upgrade your GPU later on.
Right now there is an insane deal on the Seasonic FOCUS 80+ Gold 550w for just $50. This unit is very efficient, semi-modular, and high quality. It even comes with a 7 year warranty.
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Km...ified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fm

Jun 25, 2019
Okay, thanks very much for this info about frequency.

When it comes to my location - Poland. I'm not sure about the budget. I'll use this computer for at least 5 years and I would like something that will not only be cheap but that won't also draw too much power. Preffered site for pursache would be "morele.net". Tho it's obviously in polish so yeah...