Rise of the Tomb Raider artifacts?

ItzSymba

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pECH7x-1e04&feature=youtu.be

here is an example, skip to 0:27 to see the 'possible artifact' and then i turn tessellation off and it stops.

Also, in snowy areas, im getting whole screen flashes of white. i dont know if its a bit of snow passing right through the camera but it looks like various shapes flashing. it doesnt happen in any other game, even benchmarks like Valley, 3DMark firestrike etc...

also, my gpu isnt overclocked at all.

thanks for reading :)

Solution
If they only appear on the new tomb raider then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have heard of users having problems with the tessellation settings in particular and I do remember reading an article saying the game is a work in progress with more graphic settings to come along with a benchmark mode

Gamer1985

Reputable
Dec 19, 2015
I just read someone having the same experience. Its likely its the game as more users are coming out of the woodworks mentioning it. I have only played the beginning level on mine so I have yet to experience it. Tomorrow I will play more as it has me very curious.

ItzSymba

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Thanks for the reply man :D

What about flashes on the screen, like some different colours and only for a single frame at a time? Some times its all white but looks a little distorted for the splits second i see it, and other times it could be anything from a black shape to a red triangle at the corner of the screen. i dont get these weird glitches on any other game so far, just this. The only thing that kind of worries me is that it may be artifacting here because it is more demanding on my gpu than other games such as GTA V, and 3DMark firestrike.

Again, thanks for the help so far :p

ItzSymba

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

I have just tried to record some of the bigger 'artifacts', although a very clear one came up and flashed on the screen but my screen recorder (shadow play) didnt pick up on it. does that mean it could be a moniter problem or something?

If they only appear on the new tomb raider then I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have heard of users having problems with the tessellation settings in particular and I do remember reading an article saying the game is a work in progress with more graphic settings to come along with a benchmark mode

Solution