Rise of the Triad is Making a Return Using Unreal Engine 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sounds great, until it requires that garbage spyware Steam, so it's instantly ruined

G

id isn't licensing their engines anymore, right? Not since Bethesda bought them.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
* ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment.

Oh god yes! I've long dreamed of bringing back the classic Soldier of Fortune/Kingpin style dismemberment.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
One of the most fun FPS i played in the 90'. It didn't took himself seriously, and it helped, the hilarious powerups (dog mode!!) and Ludicruous Gibs were amazing. If done right, the sequel will be a blast.

dstock7337

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
[citation][nom]Vorador2[/nom]One of the most fun FPS i played in the 90'. It didn't took himself seriously, and it helped, the hilarious powerups (dog mode!!) and Ludicruous Gibs were amazing. If done right, the sequel will be a blast.[/citation]
Dont forget Ian Paul Freely and the the holiday themes that would appear. Ah, the memories are coming back, for real!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
While this is awesome and everything, I really wish they would bring Quake back. I'd love them to do a remake of the Quake 1 levels with a modern engine.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Wow those screens are really showing how ancient UE3 is.[/citation]

not really, it all depends on how much you want your game to have.

you want your game to look great on every computer, you build it ground up with the middle in mind, you want only a few people to appreciate your game for all it has, and even more not buy it because they think they cant play it, than you go crysis and make a tech demo into a game.

i look games like this that dont look great, it means more time went into gameplay than anything else.

codefuapprentice

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
i can has now?
I got all giddy when i saw the ludicrous gameplay and the Over the top, Unrealistic visuals Mwah hah hah!!
I quite liked this game when i played it back in 96, geez, why do we have so many people wanting realistic shooters and not shooters like Doom/Quake/Unreal/PainKiller and Serious Sam
I REALLY Can't wait for Over the top action XD!!!

asdfghjkl

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
"* ROTT is bloodier and more ludicrous than ever, with full character and enemy dismemberment."

We're heading towards an absolutely sociopathic society when commenters get thumbs up for writing how much they long for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS