Question RK 100 Royal Kludge Software/Drivers that work on Linux?

Haliax68

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Hey everyone. I picked up this really nice affordable RK 100 Royal Kludge RGB white keyboard recently. But you apparently have to download and install software for it, to get the most out of it. It only can display like 7-10 colors in static mode, unless you install the software. Then you can chose from tons of colors and different modes. But all the info I see on the internet and youtube is just for software that works for Windows. Nothing is mentioned about software that will work with Linux.

So does anyone know how I can get the windows software to work on my Linux operating system? Or is it not possible?

And follow up, do you think this question might get more responses if I were to post it in some sort of Linux forum? I'd need to figure out what the best Linux forums are first. But just thinking maybe this question would get answered if it was in a Linux forum, since it's a Linux related problem?

Thanks

Haliax68

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Oddly enough I can't seem to find an RK100 on their support site;
https://rkgamingstore.com/pages/software
you sure you've got the model for your keyboard right?

You could try and sue this;
to avail your app/for the keyboard while in Linux.

I'm going to return this thing. I followed along two different youtube videos, and neither is working. And it's not because of the video. It's this keyboard and it's horrible software. The RK 100 is on the site, but the software is not working. And the guy that makes the youtube page that shows you how to get he software and find out which PID your keyboard is says: RK Kludge Keyboards are FANTASTIC. Great value. But HORRIFIC software. So I'm out. I found this other keyboard that looks as good or better with software that works. So I'm gonna try that one instead

Haliax68

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Might I interest you in going for something like Ducky or other well known brands...?They tend to have a software suite to back up their products.
Um, for now, no. I understand some of those more expensive/better brands will have software that works and be a better product overall. But they just cost too much money in my opinion. But we'll see. I only really want to spend around $50-75 max on a keyboard. And if this Womier K87 doesn't work out, then maybe I'll have to look at these more expensive keyboards. But for now, I don't want to spend $150 for a keyboard.

Haliax68

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
It's good that I found this thread. I almost bought a Royal Kludge RK96. Let us know if the Womier K87 works well. By the way, what distro are you using?
The Womier K87 is fantastic! I got the yellow switches and love them. They feel much better than normal red. The slight increase in pressure needed to press the keys makes it feel more solid, yet still moves very easily.

It's also WILD looking with the frosted semi clear acrylic and rainbow RGB. I don't use the colors, I just wanted bright white, so I just set it to that. But if you love colors and different types of pulsing and waves, you will love this thing. Feels very solid and well built as well. And now that I know I like it and am going to keep it, I'm going to buy those Hyper X pudding key caps, so more light comes through.

Only had it for 5 days and already love it. Highly recommend it

And I'll be running Pop once I get my PC built