[SOLVED] Rm850x vs tx850m

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
I was looking into upgrading my power supply since my current supernova g2 has been used for 4 years almost 5.
But am not sure which one is better and I found a really good deal for the rm850x.

Thank you in advance.

Solution
Like said above undo the OC and see what happens. Do get the latest bios if there's a newer one. After that do enable XMP and let it be, see what happens.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Psu's can be used longer than that.
If they are kept in good condition though.
You can probably squezze 10 years out of it.
Is there a reason for you to change the psu other than the "age"

Well because for multiple times so far my pc decided to reset my bios settings back to default even when enabling xmp only.
This happened this month like 3 times so far and it didn't happen before.
I don't know if thats normal or not or if I should replace the psu to be safe
That is why am asking and am not really sure about it.
For example, I sent my pc to shop because when I enabled xmp few days ago my pc wouldn't boot and it got stuck between cpu and dram on ez debug lcd so does that mean the psu is the problem of what becauze the rest got tested and nothing wrong showed up
And yes when we reset the bios to default the pc ran normally am not sure honestly

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
The thing is its in my signature and I don't know how to access that through phone rn
So yes I do need help to know if I should buy the new psu before the deal on it is gone

Last edited:
I was looking into upgrading my power supply since my current supernova g2 has been used for 4 years almost 5.
But am not sure which one is better and I found a really good deal for the rm850x.

Thank you in advance.
Supernova G2 is one of the best out there. I'd remove your OC for a while and see if that smoothes things out. If you decide to replace the PSU, the RMx is the better of the two.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Well because for multiple times so far my pc decided to reset my bios settings back to default even when enabling xmp only.
This happened this month like 3 times so far and it didn't happen before.
I don't know if thats normal or not or if I should replace the psu to be safe
That is why am asking and am not really sure about it.
For example, I sent my pc to shop because when I enabled xmp few days ago my pc wouldn't boot and it got stuck between cpu and dram on ez debug lcd so does that mean the psu is the problem of what becauze the rest got tested and nothing wrong showed up
Do not think this is a psu problem, more likely motherboard or ram. Do you have the latest bios?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Do not think this is a psu problem, more likely motherboard or ram. Do you have the latest bios?
I don't know i do but I will probably tell them to flash the bios for sure.
That is why am asking if I should be replacing the psu or no because the supernova is a really good psu and I have never had any issues with it

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Do you ever play with the PSU switch on the back or not really?
What switch? You mean the on and off? Nope
The eco switch i turned it on the first day I got the psu but I never got to the limit that will make the fan work.
I tested the fan and turned off eco mode off and it worked with no problems then I switched it back to eco few days later after testing

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Bios resetting or sticking with xmp enabled generally is down to unstable ram speeds or timings.

PSU has NOTHING to do with it.

Without full system specs we can't really help you with that

I highly 'doubt' there's an issue with your psu.
I mean first I had my cpu multipler to 4.8ghz and it worked fine for almost a year or so but then as I said before it reset saying its no longer stable.
I don't know honestly