Roaming User Profiles Problem

David

I'm trying to configure roaming user profiles. I made a group policy on the
domain that redirects Application Data, Desktop and My Documents to the
following locations on the server: \Server\UserDocs\%USERNAME%\Application
Data, \\Server\userdocs\%username%\Desktop, \\Server\userdocs\%username%\My
Documents. The test user account that this policy applies to can log on at
one computer, save files to the desktop and My Documents, log off, log onto
another computer, and those files are available. However, desktop background
settings, Internet Explorer default page, printer, Word toolbars, and other
similar settings are not. Any idea what I did wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help!
David

David-
What you've configured is folder redirection--not roaming profiles. They are
completely different. The settings that you're missing are stored in
c:\documents and settings\%username%\ntuser.dat. In order to truly create a
roaming profile, where this file is available wherever the user logs on, you
need to enter a profile path into the attributes on the AD user's object in
AD Users and Computers. Check out the Profile tab on a given user account
and enter a roaming profile path there. If its entered there, then the next
time the user logs off their workstation, all of their settings are copied
up to the profile path. When the user goes to logon to a new workstation,
those settings are copied back down to that new workstation and are
available to them.

Darren

"David" <deaton@nospamever.dsnonline.org> wrote in message
> I'm trying to configure roaming user profiles. I made a group policy on
the
> domain that redirects Application Data, Desktop and My Documents to the
> following locations on the server: \Server\UserDocs\%USERNAME%\Application
> Data, \\Server\userdocs\%username%\Desktop,
\\Server\userdocs\%username%\My
> Documents. The test user account that this policy applies to can log on at
> one computer, save files to the desktop and My Documents, log off, log
onto
> another computer, and those files are available. However, desktop
background
> settings, Internet Explorer default page, printer, Word toolbars, and
other
> similar settings are not. Any idea what I did wrong?
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> David

David

Darren,
Thanks for your help. It works great now!
David