[SOLVED] Roblox and Minecraft at extremely low FPS on RTX 2070 Super

superboy808

Commendable
Mar 4, 2018
I am running an RTX 2070 Super with an I5 8600k and 16 gigabytes of ram. I can hit 200-300 frames per second on games like Valorant, Fortnite, and other such games @1440p resolution.

And yet. I boot up ROBLOX to play some games with my friends. A relatively demanding game, but nothing major. I turn on MSI After Burner because it feels a little... choppy. Guess what? I'm running at 40 FPS. I've seen on many other forums how people are supposed to reset their modem/router or make ROBLOX run on your GPU instead of CPU, but I've done BOTH of these things and nothing has changed. My GPU's usage goes to about 40% and my CPU hits about 50% when I run roblox, and even less with minecraft.

My minecraft runs decently at 100-200 FPS without shaders, but when I turn on an extreme shaders which I've seen benchmarks for (they get 200+ fps) I get 40 fps!? I really need help here, if you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Solution
Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for the motherboard. You might want to also see if you're on the latest version of Windows 10. Following that, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall the drivers with the latest manually downloaded from Nvidia's support site. Also, you will need to install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Admininstrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for the motherboard. You might want to also see if you're on the latest version of Windows 10. Following that, use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and then reinstall the drivers with the latest manually downloaded from Nvidia's support site. Also, you will need to install the drivers in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Admininstrator.

Solution