Roblox bad performance with an AMAZING graphics card

yaboymystic

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
Hey! I'm just here to ask how do i switch from my apu graphics to my dedicated graphics card? Cause Recently i installed roblox to test out my gpu, But roblox was using my apu graphics instead of my rx 470. Does anyone know how to fix this? I already tried going into radeon additional settings, but a message popped up saying
"radeon additional settings cannot be started there are currently no settings that can be configured using radeon additional settings"

Can anyone help me? Thanks

DesertRat810

Reputable
May 18, 2015
First verify your RX 470 is in device manager. UEFI and secureboot can make a GPU(or many add-in cards for that matter) not be recognized.
If it's in device manager and doesn't have an error, disable your Integrated Graphics in your mobo's UEFI and cleanly reinstall your graphics card drivers in Windows.

If there is an error in device manager, or it's not there, you may need to reset the secure keys in UEFI or disable secure boot. Ran across that problem a lot when upgrading pre-builts(HP, Dell, etc.) and even a couple times on my own Z77 boards.

adiec

Honorable
ok have you checked to make sure that your monitor is connected to the rx 470 and not still connected to the motherboard ? i can't see how the apu would be displaying any video output unless you're connected to the wrong display interface .

yaboymystic

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

I already have done that. All of my steam games are working properly. It's just Roblox.

adiec

Honorable

this issue seems to be specific to that game from what i have researched . quite a common problem with no solution that i have found thus far . could you clarify what cpu you are using and what motherboard please ?

yaboymystic

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

Sorry I'll give it t you tomorrow Thanks for helping.

adiec

Honorable
i have really tried for you but have been unable to find a solution. i don't believe it has anything to do with disabling the gpu side of the processor .. as you have already done this in bios and are connected to an rx 470. this one has beaten me i'm afraid . the roblox forums would be the best place to ask .. as this issue is specific to that game .

yaboymystic

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

Oh Okay. Thank you for your Opinion I'll be doing that right away! Thanks for the help!

adiec

Honorable

do a quick google search of the problem .. and you will find that many others have had it .. perhaps you can ask some of those people if they solved the problem. and how!

hsdjustin98

Commendable
Feb 12, 2017

Yeah but most of the videos/forums say that I have to access Radeon additional settings, but I can't for some reason.

genthug

Honorable
Assuming you're on Intel's side of the fence, do you have the iGPU disabled via BIOS? If not, I might try that. If it is, and if your monitor is connected to your RX 470... And if you don't see any GPU usage via Crimson, via MSI Afterburner, etc. when you're playing the game, and you do see GPU usage on your iGPU, it is entirely an issue with the game, and I would suggest as well that you go to the forums and ask, and also go to technical support and ask there.

yaboymystic

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017

Alright! Thanks for your opinion. I'll be sure to try it out!

Dragolord7

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Now are you sure your graphics card is plugged in correctly. Check the power pin connection to the rx 470 and make sure the rx 470 is plugged in to a slot on the motherboard. If that still doesn't help try manually changing the BIOS or jumper on the motherboard

yaboymystic

Prominent
Mar 18, 2017
It's Using my Graphics card now. But I have ANOTHER PROBLEM yet again. Ever since I fixed my roblox FPS i went back to play csgo And my fps went from 120 fps TO 30 HOLY SH** Can anyone help this new problem of mine? (sorry for asking to many questions)

adiec

Honorable

you'll need to tell us how you fixed the original problem. so we can have a better understanding of the probable cause .