Roccat Gamifies its Next Mouse With 4000 dpi Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Why is braided cables a gimmick?braided cables as opposed to cables insulated with pvc. both do exactly the same job, but the braided cables look *and* feel sexier. which [/citation]

...braided cables as opposed to cables insulated with pvc. Both do exactly the same job, but the braided cables look *and* feel sexier than pvc, but holds no real functional advantage over pvc. Hence the "gimmick".

synd

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
A braided cables isn't a gimmick. At least in my case, it saved my mouse many times from my angry parrot(bird). Definitely a needed safety if you're already spending a lot of money on a mouse.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
According to the manufacturer, the user will be rewarded with badges and awards for certain achievements.

Probably some of those achievements and badges:

- Clicker: click one time
- Reverse clicker: click with the right button
- Warp-time clicker: double click
- Traveler: move your mouse
- Rolling in the deep: use your mouse wheel

LOL

icehot

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
I don't think braided cables are a gimmick at all, quite the opposite. If a braided cable runs over any edges on the desk for example, then you don't notice, but pvc ones tend to get a little bit stuck. I have a braided cable on my mouse at home and a normal cable on mouse at work, and the difference is quite obvious, the cable at work is irritating, and I'm forever having to adjust it's kinks over the edge of the desk, but my braided one at home I don't even know there's a cable there, it's almost like it being wireless.

jl0329

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I don't think anyone need anything higher than 1600 dpi. I am still using my MX518 from about 8 years ago, and I rarely set it on 1600. Most of the time I stick with 800.

Who is really going to use 4000dpi?

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
I hate this gamification bs...
Braided cables are higher quality than PVC.
My Razer Mamba does 5600dpi. Normally I keep it around 2200dpi. I like the speed it allows me to work faster. Some of you may think that 5600dpi is overkill but it works well when you have three monitors.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
[citation][nom]bennaye[/nom]...braided cables as opposed to cables insulated with pvc. Both do exactly the same job, but the braided cables look *and* feel sexier than pvc, but holds no real functional advantage over pvc. Hence the "gimmick".[/citation]
I've owned 2 logitech gaming mice and 3 razer mice with braided cables. Out of those, 3 of them died due to cable problems. I find the braided cable ends up twisting more as I use the mouse as opposed to the old style plastic cords. So 1 logitech and 2 razers dead due to what I believe to be the use of braided cables. One of them died due to the left click not registering all the time(had to click really hard) and the other one I swapped out to a newer mouse, it still works fine.

mrsphex

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]I don't think anyone need anything higher than 1600 dpi. I am still using my MX518 from about 8 years ago, and I rarely set it on 1600. Most of the time I stick with 800.Who is really going to use 4000dpi?[/citation]

Compared to how my family members use it, that is "high" sensitivity. My brother uses 450 for his DPI with that mouse...haha

rooni

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]I don't think anyone need anything higher than 1600 dpi. I am still using my MX518 from about 8 years ago, and I rarely set it on 1600. Most of the time I stick with 800.Who is really going to use 4000dpi?[/citation]
use must be using acceleration then, which is not good because it's inconsistent

Status
Not open for further replies.