Roccat Kone Pure Military vs Logitech G502

Majestic5

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I am looking into buying a new gaming mouse and I cant seem to decide between the Roccat Kone Pure Military or the G502. I am looking for a simple and ergonomic mouse that isn't garbage. I don't mind all the buttons of the G502 and I love the design but I hear it is clunky and not ergonomic. I also would like to ask what the difference is between the Kone Pure military and the Kone Pure. If it helps, my budget is under $100 and I mainly play FPS games like Battlefield.

-Lone-

Admirable
I have the G502 and it is working perfectly like it said it would. Although it has 12000 DPI, 3500 is already a bit too fast for me, lol. I just like how it looks and how sensitive it is, and it is pretty cheap, I bought it for $60, but it'll probably $80 by now.

-Lone-

Admirable
It is pretty easy to use too, all I had to do was plug it in and install the drivers from their website and the super fast speed fires up. The endless roll of scrolling is so helpful when it comes to load pages, the adding weight thing doesn't do much, still feels the same to me, so I leave them out.

Barrett12

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2015
Two weeks ago I bought the G502 after reading many great posts about its performance and one hour later I made my decission: that was not my mouse. After 3 days of intensive gaming (7-8h/ day) I reaffirmed my first impression. It is uncomfortable and heavier than any other mouse I have used before (Logitech G1, G5 and G400). So... I returned it back although the sensor was awesome and the appearance fantastic.

Yesterday I received my KPM Naval Storm and I have just one word to describe it: PERFECT. Super comfortable, much lighter and easier to handle than the G502, awesome sensor as well (who uses more than 5000 dpi? not me), I like the scroll wheel far more, the number of buttons is more than enough..... this is my first non-Logitech mouse but I guess the next one will another Roccat (I am even planning to buy a second unit in Camo Charge design).

Icaraeus

Honorable
I'm thinking of buying the Logitech g502 proteus core as a replacement for my old Dell mouse (and a Corsair K70 for my Dell keyboard). It is $60 in Australia, but if it's uncomfortable then it's probably not good? I've been doing a ton of research on it and hardly anyone mentioned it was uncomfortable.

-Lone-

Admirable

I think it really depends on your hand, for me it is not uncomfortable, so far it works very well for me.

Barrett12

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2015

Of course! Between those two mice you should choose the one that fits better to regarding comfortability as both have awesome sensors/specs. Maybe the Roccat is not good for you. It all depends on which kind of grip you have (palm, claw or fingertip), the size of your hand and the sensitivity that you use. I prefer medium size mices as G502 and KPM because I have a claw grip. I didn't know that I was going to find the G502 so heavy, I play with low sensitivity and I tend to lift the mouse quite often. That's why it was uncomfortable to me. Moreover, the position of the buttons in the KPM is perfect IMHO.

If I were you, I'd compare your previous mice to check which kind of shape/weight they have and then get the more similar one. Another great option, in the case you use palm grip is the Steelseries Rival (same sensor as KPM but bigger/heavier).

Seriously, I tried to like the G502 but at the end the German one convinced me more. Cheers and good luck finding your mouse!

Icaraeus

Honorable
Well, I just use whatever mouse I have whererever I am. I even adapted, well kind of, to a terribly old mouse I have in my house which i used for my PC for a few months before I found the Dell mouse which was a big improvement. I use a palm grip generally on whatever mouse I use and I haven't had to alter my grip on any other mice I've used, even on the terrible old mouse I used where I had to kind of bend my fingers to use it lol.

I know about mouse DPI but I don't know what exact number my Dell mouse is usually. It has 4 adjustable DPI settings on the mouse but I just set it to the 2nd highest as I can move the cursor around my 32inch display fast enough. I even chose the highest setting sometimes either for gaming or general use and it wasn't too bad so I don't know.

The DPI-slowing button, aka. 'sniper button', on the G502 isn't really a deal breaker or anything for me, as I rarely feel like I need to adjust DPI on the fly when doing anything, though I guess it might come in handy. I'm not able to just try any expensive mouse as stores in Australia rarely have the branded ones, and you can't just try out the ones they actually do sell. My only experience with branded mice was the DeathAdder 2013 a friend of mine uses in Programming/Networking class which felt good but it doesn't feel right for me, partly because I disliked the Razer logo.

I know about the other brands of mice but I'm leaning to the G502 mostly because it looks the best aesthetically, with the braided USB cable (which the Corsair K70 mechanical keyboard also has). I guess I'm not too bothered about whatever mouse I use as long as it's a wired mouse, but I guess I haven't had the luxury of owning an expensive branded mouse personally.

The Logitech G502 Proteus Core is $60, and the Steelseries, Razer, Roccat etc mice are more expensive, around the $100 range. The G502 seems the best but I dunno.

-Lone-

Admirable

I bought it for $60 too when it was on sale, but I don't use the sniper button that much either. I do like the "sharp" look of the mouse though, I think the thing I like the most about it is the endless mouse scrolling, so useful for a long page. The 12000 DPI is insane, I move like 1 cm and I'm already on the other side of my 58 inch TV, lol.

KeyGaming

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I think that the 3310 sensor and 3366 sensor are pretty on par with the 3366 sensor being a bit more snappy (though not as snappy as the S3988 sensor or S3989) and that both would be a great option. The G502 isn't really a claw grip mouse, even though some people say that its small. The Roccat Kone Pure Military is a claw grip mouse, and uses better materials for grip. The G502 does have some rubber for grip but its plastic feels cheap and doesn't even really have a smooth finish (like the Deathadder or the Finalmouse). It honestly depends on what is more comfortable to you, or if you have a 1ms monitor. If you have a 1ms monitor you will like the G502 3366 sensor better than the 3310 sensor.