Rocket League not smooth running 250FPS, high end PC.

May 24, 2018
Hey everyone, I need help. I'd be in debt to you forever if you help me fix this, it's been happening for YEARS, using my old hardware AND all new parts..

I've ALWAYS experienced this while playing Rocket League, and i'm Champion 3 (getting very competitive, into the e-sport side). I experience a weird type of lag/micro-micro-stutter while playing, when I turn my car or just do anything really, nothing is smooth and it feels like it's lagging but the frames are maxed at 250.

Having other applications open such as Discord makes it worse, but even when just playing the game it is bad as well. As time goes on it gets worse, although it's still pretty bad after booting the PC/playing. It's never smooth.

I've tried:
Setting all the NVIDIA CP Options to off, with Prefer Maximum Performance/Optimal/Adaptive power.
Turning off Page File.
I BOUGHT ALL NEW COMPUTER PARTS.
Setting PhysX to CPU/GPU seperately.
Reinstalling Windows 10/7, and re-installing the game multiple times.
Updating my BIOS Drivers.
Setting the Windows Power Options to High Performance.
Setting RocketLeague.exe to run on High Priority, and saved the Priority.

Part list:
EVGA 1070 TI (also tested with a 1080 Gaming X)
i5-8600k (also tested with i5-6600k)
Asrock Taichi Z370 (also tested with Asrock Gaming K4 Z170)
Ultra II SSD 480GB (also tested with this same SSD but 1TB)
AW2518H 240HZ Alienware Monitor (also tested on 144hz Acer 1440p Predator)
16GB RAM Corsair Vengeance 3200 (using 2133 as using XMP made Rocket League lag even more.)
(also tested with 16GB of other RAM)
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W 80+ Platinum ATX12V (also tested with Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX)
Accell DisplayPort 1.2 Cable

I need to be able to play at 250 FPS, with no V-Sync/G-Sync. All the pros/high tier players don't lag at all/experience what I am going through and I just don't understand it. They don't use any Sync and have 250FPS running completely smoothly..

Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate any and all suggestions!

PS: I know this is a big ask considering i'm new, but I plan to stick around and contribute. I'm glad I discovered this forum.

May 24, 2018

Happens in both Borderless & Fullscreen, although not as bad in Borderless. Limiting the FPS to the refresh rate, or even 5 below it, still happens but not nearly as bad, but it still happens and it can't. Used DDU and installed those, and it's still occurring. I'm ready to just get a pre-built PC, it doesn't happen to any of my friends who have pre-built and use 240HZ with 250 FPS, it makes no sense. I completely rebuilt this PC from the ground up and it still happens..? Makes no sense. I only play Rocket League so I don't really know, but I can purchase another game and check.

May 24, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from ssrock101lna : "Rocket League not running smoothly with 250FPS."

Hey everyone, I need help. I'd be in debt to you forever if you help me fix this, it's been happening for YEARS, using my old hardware AND all new parts..

I've ALWAYS experienced this while playing Rocket League, and i'm Champion 3 (getting very competitive, into the e-sport side). I experience a weird type of lag/micro-micro-stutter while playing, when I turn my car or just do anything really, nothing is smooth and it feels like it's lagging but the frames are maxed at 250.

Having other applications open such as Discord makes it worse, but even when just playing the game it is bad as well. As time goes on it gets worse, although it's still pretty bad after booting the PC/playing. It's never smooth.

I've tried:
Setting all the NVIDIA CP Options to off, with Prefer Maximum Performance/Optimal/Adaptive power.
Turning off Page File.
I BOUGHT ALL NEW COMPUTER PARTS.
Setting PhysX to CPU/GPU seperately.
Reinstalling Windows 10/7, and re-installing the game multiple times.
Updating my BIOS Drivers.
Setting the Windows Power Options to High Performance.
Setting RocketLeague.exe to run on High Priority, and saved the Priority.

Part list:
EVGA 1070 TI (also tested with a 1080 Gaming X)
i5-8600k (also tested with i5-6600k)
Asrock Taichi Z370 (also tested with Asrock Gaming K4 Z170)
Ultra II SSD 480GB (also tested with this same SSD but 1TB)
AW2518H 240HZ Alienware Monitor (also tested on 144hz Acer 1440p Predator)
16GB RAM Corsair Vengeance 3200 (using 2133 as using XMP made Rocket League lag even more.)
(also tested with 16GB of other RAM)
Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W 80+ Platinum ATX12V (also tested with Corsair - RMx 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX)
Accell DisplayPort 1.2 Cable

I need to be able to play at 250 FPS, with no V-Sync/G-Sync. All the pros/high tier players don't lag at all/experience what I am going through and I just don't understand it. They don't use any Sync and have 250FPS running completely smoothly..

Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate any and all suggestions!

PS: I know this is a big ask considering i'm new, but I plan to stick around and contribute. I'm glad I discovered this forum..