RODE NT-USB + Audio Technica ATH-AD700X problem (was working, now it is not)

ihave400houses

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi,
Last week i bought a new microphone (Rode NTUSB) and headphones (Audio Technica ath-ad700x) and I had no problems until today. The way I have it setup is that my headphones are plugged into the microphones 3.5mm headphone jack.
It was working perfectly until i came home today and turned my computer on. It sounds heavily distorted and just not right. If I plug it straight into the speaker jack on the motherboard it works fine though.
I did a bit of searching and im not 100% sure I know what the problem is but it might be a conflicting USB device thing? Thats what one post i read said anyway. But the fix for that was unplug the device, reset, and then plug the device back in. Which did not work for me.
Anyone have this problem or know what it could be??
Thanks

Reactions: Mystic_mistik

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014

I think it was me misunderstanding the info.
Have you re positioned which usb port the microphone was plugged into? This can affect audio devices .Usually they like the one it was setup in originally.

ihave400houses

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Oh yeah, it looks blue to me because im a bit colour blind but looking hard at it i can see its purple. But yes it was on at the start when it was all working fine and its still on when its not working properly