Question Rode nt1-a XLR mic pops at the start of every recording

Anzy

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
I recently upgraded from blue yeti, but every time I try to record, my mic pops at the beginning then at the end.

I used scarlet solo 3rd gen as my audio interface.

My pc specs

Processor: ryzen 5 5600x
Gpu: rx 5700 xt
Ram:16 gbs

Windows 10 64bit

I've tried different XLR cords, settings, every thing. I tried to cut them, and it's there. I changed every setting. We tried it on my friends computer, not one pop or anything.

Can anyone help?

Lutfij

Titan
Did you migrate your audio setup over to your friend's house, including the interface? If so, are both you and your friend on the same platform for PC's? If not, then you will need to check to see that your motherboard BIOS is up to date, then check to see if your OS is up to date and lastly, check to see that your drivers for the chipset are also up to date. For the last part, you can try and reinstall the driver for said motherboard chipset in an elevated command, assuming you're on Windows OS.

Anzy

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
Did you migrate your audio setup over to your friend's house, including the interface? If so, are both you and your friend on the same platform for PC's? If not, then you will need to check to see that your motherboard BIOS is up to date, then check to see if your OS is up to date and lastly, check to see that your drivers for the chipset are also up to date. For the last part, you can try and reinstall the driver for said motherboard chipset in an elevated command, assuming you're on Windows OS.
I updated it recently so i could have the rx 5600x installed.