Question ROG b450-f motherboard white light of doom

Oct 10, 2018
I had my computer working perfectly, then changed a few settings in bios, after the changes my pc never booted and displayed, it cycles through the lights red then orange then white....

Gets stuck on the white light and never goes to green, i swopped out gpu for other gpu as the white light is to do with vga, the new gpu also does not work, i checked the gpu's on another rig both gpu's work fine....

I reset the cmos using the 2 pin, reset removing battery and leaving it 5 mins or more after, then putting it back still does same thing...i checked power supply and all cables, everything is fine...

I am at my wits end pls can someone help...

Oct 10, 2018
i set the cpu voltage and frequency, i removed the cpu and tested on other rig works fine, tested ram works fine tested power supply and graphics card, all work perfect on other rig - so i conclude it is the motherboard...tried reseting etc nothing works it is hard stuck on the white light part..

Feb 27, 2019
i set the cpu voltage and frequency, i removed the cpu and tested on other rig works fine, tested ram works fine tested power supply and graphics card, all work perfect on other rig - so i conclude it is the motherboard...tried reseting etc nothing works it is hard stuck on the white light part..

Did you ever find a solution? Your story EXACTLY matches mine. Same everything.

May 9, 2020
Did you ever find a solution? Your story EXACTLY matches mine. Same everything.

Sorry to revive this, but exact same issue here as well. I havent been able to try the GPU in another system and dont have inboard graphics to test but I doubt it's the GPU. I have see someone else say they had to revert their bios to an earlier version with a 2nd generation cpu then reupdate it to work with the 3rd gens. I think PERSOMALLY that what happens is after clearing the CMOS it wipes the update that let's it work with 3rd gen ryzen CPUs, and idk why it gives a white LED but from everything I've seen that seems to be what the problem could be