Question ROG Hero VIII - No SSD/HDDS found, nvme is functional

Lutheran

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
ASUS ROG Hero VIII - No SSD/HDDS found, nvme is functional.

Now I can see that there are some on reddit etc. that have the same problem, but I havent found a solution to it yet, so I figured I'd try here.
On a new MotherBoard, my nvme is working like a charm, but I can't seem to get any extra SSD's to be found in the Bios, so I was wondering if anyone has a solution to that ? The SATA is set to ACHI, and when ever I connect an SSD to the MB, and boot it just hangs about 30 seconds on the bios startup before bypassing and then continuing to windows. Any one have a clue as to what I might be missing ?

ASUS ROG Hero VIII - No SSD/HDDS found, nvme is functional.

Now I can see that there are some on reddit etc. that have the same problem, but I havent found a solution to it yet, so I figured I'd try here.
On a new MotherBoard, my nvme is working like a charm, but I can't seem to get any extra SSD's to be found in the Bios, so I was wondering if anyone has a solution to that ? The SATA is set to ACHI, and when ever I connect an SSD to the MB, and boot it just hangs about 30 seconds on the bios startup before bypassing and then continuing to windows. Any one have a clue as to what I might be missing ?
Do you keep trying to use the same sata port each time? I know that on certain mobos a few sata ports disable when using m.2 drives try using a different sata port and is your bios fully up to date?

Lutheran

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Do you keep trying to use the same sata port each time? I know that on certain mobos a few sata ports disable when using m.2 drives try using a different sata port and is your bios fully up to date?
So far Ive tried two different ones, and the Mobo is running:
Version 1302 - 2020/03/03 But ill try and move it further down the line of sata ports.

Lutheran

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
You May have tried the two disabled ports from when m.2 is active
Tried 4 of them, with the same result, even switched out the power cable with an out of the box new one. Tested that there was power in it with an electircal screwdriver which shows that power is running through it.
The SSD's are functional when using them through a USB 3.1 adaptor also.