Question ROG Maximus XI Formula motherboard fans running when powered off ?

bcrich

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I've had this problem come and go since I bought this setup a few yrs back and I've never been able to pinpoint it, Randomly when the PC is shutdown, the fan kick in full bore and stay on until I flip the main power switch, I have tried turning off C states in the bios, which is updated to the latest, I have disabled any hibernate or sleep options on the PC, The fans are Corsair LL120 RGB Black Triple Fan Kit with Lighting Node PRO connected through NZXT Internal USB Hub, I don't know a setting to make the power turn off to that when its shut down, could be the problem? Any idea's will help, thanks.

Mod edit: Latest Chipset, Windows updates etc too.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

For the sake of relevance, you should include the BIOS version for your motherboard and the age of the PSU used in the build. Just out of curiosity, did you try removing the USB hub(and everything it's connected to) entirely and seen if the issue persists?

bcrich

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2014
I haven't unplugged the USB hub because I'm not 100% sure what else is being powered by it, I don't want something to over heat etc, and here is the build.

PCCG Intel Lian Li Gaming System -

Intel Core i9 9900K Processor-

NZXT Kraken X62 280mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler-

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula Motherboard- Bios version 2004 2nd nov 2021

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 DDR4-

ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Turbo 11GB-

Samsung 860 EVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB-

Western Digital WD Blue 6TB WD60EZRZ-

Corsair AX1200i Digital Platinum Modular 1200W Power Supply-

Lian Li PC-O11 Air RGB Tempered Glass Case-

Corsair LL120 RGB Black Triple Fan Kit with Lighting Node PRO-

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 32bit/64bit USB Drive-