Rog strix 370-h mobo green boot failure led

Jan 1, 2019
I put together my first build in over 5 years, but I'm having trouble. I have a crucial ssd installed that works on my old pc. When I power on the new build the light stays on (green ) indicating a boot failure. I tried removing the battery to clear cmos for 1-5 minutes but it's still the same issue. I tried another 7200rpm had and same issue. I've been at it for an hour and I'm in desperate need of help. BTW I have nothing else connected such as usbs or hdmi although I've tried with an hdmi and ps2 keyboard and same issue. I initially removed my GPu to access the cmos battery too so neither hdmi could display anything but I'm sure that's cause of the boot led is lit. I'll post some pics.
One thing that bothers me is that there is an orange light where all those power/rswpower/ etc connectors are at, but the manual says that it indicates standby as a reminder to turn off everything before unplugging any components so I don't think it's an issue and I'll admit I might not have connected them right since this part always confuses me as to which side to put them in (down arrow should be towards positive). I would also like to mention that the manual says not to remove jumper cap ever as it will cause boot issues, but the board didn't come with a jumper cap.
Pc issues https://imgur.com/gallery/a0CigTI

Could this be a boot issue due to the connectors at the bottom installed wrong?
Could it be the jumper cap not in the board?
Is it a bad mobo?