Question ROG Strix Z390-F USB3 Not working

CillitB4ng

Prominent
Aug 15, 2020
Hi Guys,

Looking for some help with this. I have the above motherboard and I've linked to it here.

When I connect devices like my Oculus Quest or my logitech streamcam it says these devices would work better with a USB3.0 connection. I can plug these into the usb-c port on my nvidia 2080 super and they run at USB3.0 but not when i plug into the ports on the motherboard. I've also tried using a typeA connector for the oculus and no matter what port i try it only runs at USB2.

I've been into device manager and checked for driver updates and also disabled and enabled the usb root hub(USB3.0) and the Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub but nothing I do seems to make any difference to getting these ports working at USB3.

Is anyone out there able to help me with this?

Cheers

Nov 27, 2021
I have the same issue with ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F mb. Well at least I am not the only one, I have a rift s, was working fine about a month or 2 ago and now I get the 3 dots and am stuck at the "complete setup in vr" screen in the oculus software. The audio works and I can see the handsets moving they look like little blue lasers. Nothing I have tried seems to resolve it uninstall/reinstall, unplug/replug, usb drivers etc. I am also having a problem with the xbox elite 2 controller connection via usb.