Question ROG STRIX Z490-A ethernet issue

scharfrichter

Reputable
Dec 21, 2016
I recently rebuilt my computer last week and put in the ROG STRIX Z490-A mobo, and I noticed yesterday my down speeds via ethernet were below 200 Mbps. I have gigabit connection, and normally get around 900-950 Mbps. I ran a speed test on my google mesh system in my house and the down speed is above 900 Mbps, so its not an internet issue. I've done some digging all day and read that there is an issue with the boards and I noticed that there are driver updates for the bios/LAN on ASUS website. The part confusing me is how do I get the intel firmware update tool and how do I get it to update the ethernet controller to the most recent driver, and then how do I go about installing the LAN driver to try and fix my down speeds?

Currently stuck on this unless there is another workaround to fix the ethernet controller

Update: I got the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and its telling me that I have no supported driver or software updates available for my system

Last edited:
Reactions: david slayer

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you grab the intel drivers from the Asus website after you rebuilt PC?
Did you use a new Win 10 installer when you installed? Is win 10 up to date? that might explain why there aren't any new drivers. Could also be there aren't any
Do you have latest BIOS?

what driver versions do you have now? latest on Intel are 25.6 = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/184676/Intel-Ethernet-Controller-I225-V