Rosewill Brings Cases and PSUs Galore to Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.
since these are normal certificated psus, i'm assuming these will be moderately low in price(and will probably combo well with rosewill cases for a 20-25$ combo) which will probably replace the green series for rosewill's normal certified psu line.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
For some reason I can't see myself every buying a "Rosewill" product because the name sounds extremely cheap. The chinese crappy type cheap.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]For some reason I can't see myself every buying a "Rosewill" product because the name sounds extremely cheap. The chinese crappy type cheap.[/citation]

Rosewill turns out to be a store brand for Newegg, basically a rebranding operation. They don't actually design or manufacture their own products, they just buy them in bulk and slap their logo on.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Sadly, seeing those cases made me realize how little PC cases have evolved. Those cases look just like the one I used to build my first computer back in 2002. In front of me, I've got a CM Sniper case for my newest rig, and this looks really similar to them too. LOL

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]For some reason I can't see myself every buying a "Rosewill" product because the name sounds extremely cheap. The chinese crappy type cheap.[/citation]

Rosewill has some pretty decent products (for the price) but you have to watch what you get because they do sell some extremely cheap crap.

I own a case of theirs and it has filled its purpose just fine.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"Rosewill" sounds like a product aimed at my little sister Maggy.
Pink case with an engraved kitty cat wearing a cute bow :)

I want a case called something macho; like the "Eastwood" maybe. You hear me, punk ? :)

buddhabelly34

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
[citation][nom]beardguy[/nom]Sadly, seeing those cases made me realize how little PC cases have evolved. Those cases look just like the one I used to build my first computer back in 2002. In front of me, I've got a CM Sniper case for my newest rig, and this looks really similar to them too. LOL[/citation]
I countered the -1 someone gave you. I agree that cases haven't seen much evolution over the year. At least not aesthetically. My first Raidmax case looked just like the first case pictured here. New features have definitely popped up and I am glad that PSUs are no longer top mounted.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

I was wondering about the 2.5" slots myself. One or two would be nice, but no 3.5" slots?? I'm confused Tom's.

Cypherdude

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2007
For the Rosewill Throne, why is the PSU positioned on the bottom of the case? The PSU fan will suck in all the dust and dirt in the room. Eventually, the PSU, which can be very expensive, will be filled with pet hair, dust and all the other debris in the room.

Why is it so hard to find an extended-ATX size case with a front door? This is the case I am currently using:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001391TYS

Here is what I am looking for.
1. Case for extended-ATX size motherboard
2. 5 - 5.25" open bays
3. At least 3 internal 3.5" hard drive bays
4. Front connectors: 2 - USB 2.0, 1 - USB 3.0, 1 - SATA, headphones, mic
5. Front door for all 5.25" open bays
6. 2 - 80mm fans in lower front and room for filter
7. Closed side door, no fan or openings at all
8. PSU in standard position on top in back
9. 120 mm rear fan
10. Black or beige

Basically, I am looking for what I already have only larger and with modernized front connectors. So far I have found nothing with the above specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.