Rosewill Debuts Limited Edition Elite Ivory Keyboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Honestly, I have trouble justifying if I would want this simply because its Rosewill. I know there cases are excellent, but I don't trust their electrical hardware. The case is pretty much limited to an on/off switch and a 3rd party USB board. Not much to go wrong with. Now would I trust them with a power supply? No way. But a keyboard, that might be getting to the point of simplistic enough that I would trust rosewill to do it well.
Gold plated connectors is marketing nonsense at this point. Nothing is so dependant on voltage regularity it would need gold plating over other options in a connector. However, gold is softer and more prone to failure from repeated insertion which will happen alot for a connector.

akamrcrack

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

Its okay I have an ivory mercedes you can drive and ivory tower for you to live in :p

[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]Honestly, I have trouble justifying if I would want this simply because its Rosewill. I know there cases are excellent, but I don't trust their electrical hardware. The case is pretty much limited to an on/off switch and a 3rd party USB board. Not much to go wrong with. Now would I trust them with a power supply? No way. But a keyboard, that might be getting to the point of simplistic enough that I would trust rosewill to do it well.Gold plated connectors is marketing nonsense at this point. Nothing is so dependant on voltage regularity it would need gold plating over other options in a connector. However, gold is softer and more prone to failure from repeated insertion which will happen alot for a connector.[/citation]
I have a Rosewill Lightning 800 PSU and it is great. I read a lot of reviews before I got it and it is one of the best PSU's I had. I would agree on there low end PSU's but I do not buy low end from any vender.

sarolikia

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2011
looks like my current rosewill mech brown but white instead of black. It's a nice keyboard but sometimes I wish I went for the razer blackwidow stealth instead with all of its extra goodies and the like. that is until my 130 dollar razer mouse starts acting up again. But back to topic, the keyboard is most likely the same general keyboard with some new plastic and if it is its nice and simplistic. I have had 0 problems with mine running through my ps2 port. Feels nice and is as quiet of a mech as I have been able to find have been after I did the o-ring mod. It is VERY solid since its backed onto what looks like an 1/8" or thicker steel plate which also gives it good traction and heft. The only downfall I can find with it, is thickness, though it isn't much higher than any other mechanical it can be bothersome the first week if you are used to a thin rubber dome.

monkeymonk

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009

I bought a 30 dollar PCI slot network adapter from them a few years ago and haven't bought anything from them since.

actually the internals of the original versions of these keyboards (the non ivory ones) used filco boards and decent switches

For a second I thought oh it had ivory keys when I went to clicked on the link only to see it is just like every other mechanical keyboard out there. Mornings and may as well be joined at the hip to a coffee pot. :

larkspur

Distinguished
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]It reminds me too much of the keyboard that came with my Compaq SR1234NX. Not a good memory.[/citation]
Your Compaq came with a mechanical-switch keyboard? This keyboard doesn't compare to any membrane keyboard expensive or cheap. Membrane keyboards require the key to travel all the way to the bottom - mechanical switches actuate before the bottom and therefore provide a much faster typing rate since keys don't need to be pressed all the way down. Both typists and gamers can perform significantly better with a mechanical. Once you're used to mechanical, membrane is painful.

I agree with others - the huge Rosewill logo ruins the look of the board.

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
Firstly, real ivory is outlawed. Secondly I purchased a Rosewill with blacks on sale (65 bucks) and other than the keycaps wearing off within days (anybody who cares enough to buy a mech will be replacing the keycaps with unique or PBT caps anyways) I"ve had no issues at all so far.

Evolution2001

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
IIRC, Rosewill is NewEgg's in-house name. They don't manufacture any of their own stuff- it's all rebranded OEM stuff. What you happen to get is simply a matter of what OEM they sourced it from. That's why some of their stuff is really good and other stuff is garbage.
Their power supplies are a good example of this.
So unless you can find someone or a site that has done a tear-down of whatever it is you are considering buying with the Rosewill name, your chances of scoring a great deal or a great deal of garbage is hit or miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.