[SOLVED] Rosewill fan hub not working

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
Hi guys! I just installed a case fan system made up of three Rosewill 120mm fans and a hub. The fans use some proprietary connection so they have to go through the hub. The hub itself hooks up to SATA for power, and the RAINBOW1 connection on my MSI motherboard. When I have everything hooked up, my fans light up random colors, but they don't spin. My remote also does absolutely nothing. Any ideas as to what the issue might be? I have two standard additional 120mm fans hooked up to fan ports on the motherboard like normal and they spin fine.

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
My motherboard is an MSI MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI. The fan combo is the Rosewill 120mm RGBF-S12003 RGB Case Fan Hub Set. Neither the fans themselves nor the hub use the standard motherboard header. Here's a diagram from Rosewill. I have an MSI board so I used the MSI header below.

35-200-126-V07.jpg

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
So do you guys think there is a problem with the hub itself? I mean, there's two cables, both are plugged in, and I get no fan movement. I feel like just hooking up the power to the SATA connector should immediately make the fans spin, but all that does is power the lights. And the fact that the remote does nothing is also a concern. There's also no software or drivers or anything provided by Rosewill.

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
The batteries came pre-installed and there was a plastic tab that I needed to pull out before use, so I just assumed that it's in correctly and the battery is fully charged. Maybe that's it though! Assuming never got me anywhere useful.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try messing with the battery when I get home.