News Rouge Arm China CEO Passes Judgment on Nvidia Deal Gone Bad

boidsonly

Reputable
Aug 16, 2017
This 20% of Arm is the only legal way the CCP has of using the IP. The guy will never go away as long as the CCP has a use for him/ARM.

What a nightmare and embarassment for Arm.

They have to get him out.
ARM already tried that before. He take the company seal and hire his own security so ARM can't remove him as ARM China CEO. He pretty much want to make ARM china as his own company. If ARM did not want to go with his term he wants to make a new company and then he also openly said chinese tech firm should invest in his company instead of ARM. He promise to give them much cheaper licensing price than ARM. This is one of the mistake Softbank did when they were so desperate to see big return from acquiring ARM.

ARM already tried that before. He take the company seal and hire his own security so ARM can't remove him as ARM China CEO. He pretty much want to make ARM china as his own company. If ARM did not want to go with his term he wants to make a new company and then he also openly said chinese tech firm should invest in his company instead of ARM. He promise to give them much cheaper licensing price than ARM. This is one of the mistake Softbank did when they were so desperate to see big return from acquiring ARM.

They got Al Capone on tax evasion. While I realize he's not in the USA, enough motivation and prodding will get gov't officials to listen.

Co BIY

Splendid
Most likely he represents the government or more importantly the CCP.

This is the most outrageous case of International Corporate Governance gone wrong I've ever heard of. The rule of law is super important and we take it for granted.

Feb 27, 2022
Most likely he represents the government or more importantly the CCP.

This is the most outrageous case of International Corporate Governance gone wrong I've ever heard of. The rule of law is super important and we take it for granted.

AFAIK, Allan Wu is an American.

Co BIY

Splendid
AFAIK, Allan Wu is an American.

That is a very interesting twist to the story. His corruption appears to be both personal and influenced by Chinese Government industrial policy considerations.

If it was just a rogue American CEO of a Chinese company I'm sure that ARM could get government assistance in bringing him to heel even with inadequate rule of law. But with Wu assisting Chinese government favored companies (for large personal payoffs) the "law" will not be on their side.