Router automatic restart when going in 192.168.1.1(accessing to router)

Elvis N YoonA

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
Hi, this might be in the wrong section because i don't know where should this be belong but please help me.

Everytime i go to 192.168.1.1 which is accessing my router with my computer the router automatically restart (it just happened recently before it was okay and only on this computer , other computer work fine)

Anyone knows what have i done?

What i do these few days :

Uninstall Kaspersky and Install BitDefender (Laptop also running BitDefender but can access)

Gone to router to reboot the router few times to change ip for some particular reason

Solution
have the router unhooked from the modem and just hard wired to a PC (in slots 1-4, not the "internet" slot), with the power cable too. Then try accessing 192.168.1.1 from a different browser or PC, as long as you know the login info/user/pw/ for the router you can change router settings from any PC its connected to/

Elvis N YoonA

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013

Sorry forgot to mention my router was a modem too , it is 2 in 1 Modem/Router

I tried from another computer and yes it was working but wonder why i can't access it from this computer , 2 days ago i was able to access it. But now the router just automaticcaly reboot everytime i go in the 192.168.1.1

thats pretty strange, but at least you can boil it down to a PC issue, not a router issue.

Elvis N YoonA

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013

Another discovery , I turn off WiFi and use LAN , I can access using LAN , but before i definately use WiFi to access before

I use TP-LINK USB WiFi Adapter

well you only need to access the rouer (as you described) to change settings...so use LAN when you need to change a settings, which cant be all that often. Use Wifi for actual internet connectivity in the mean time though assuming that still works.

Solution