[SOLVED] Router keeps crashing when I'm using the internet

Jun 13, 2020
I've had this issue for a while now, and it's neither local nor is it bound to my PC. We've moved several times, I've changed PCs several times, asked for newer models of the router I had, called mechanics from Telekom up to check, and in my search for help I've still not found anything. I irregularly get router crashes when using the internet. Some days nothing happens at all, some days the router crashes every 5 minutes as soon as I try to do anything. It happens especially often when I play League of Legends and I'm in the middle of a game (that's also when it's most inconvenient). The thing is, I have the most recent model of routers the Telekom has to offer, (Speedport Smart 3). They can't help me, I can't help myself, so I'm hoping that someone here can. Cheers

Solution
I've had this issue for a while now, and it's neither local nor is it bound to my PC. We've moved several times, I've changed PCs several times, asked for newer models of the router I had, called mechanics from Telekom up to check, and in my search for help I've still not found anything. I irregularly get router crashes when using the internet. Some days nothing happens at all, some days the router crashes every 5 minutes as soon as I try to do anything. It happens especially often when I play League of Legends and I'm in the middle of a game (that's also when it's most inconvenient). The thing is, I have the most recent model of routers the Telekom has to offer, (Speedport Smart 3). They can't help me, I can't help myself, so I'm...

kanewolf

Titan
I've had this issue for a while now, and it's neither local nor is it bound to my PC. We've moved several times, I've changed PCs several times, asked for newer models of the router I had, called mechanics from Telekom up to check, and in my search for help I've still not found anything. I irregularly get router crashes when using the internet. Some days nothing happens at all, some days the router crashes every 5 minutes as soon as I try to do anything. It happens especially often when I play League of Legends and I'm in the middle of a game (that's also when it's most inconvenient). The thing is, I have the most recent model of routers the Telekom has to offer, (Speedport Smart 3). They can't help me, I can't help myself, so I'm hoping that someone here can. Cheers
There are two common problem areas. Overheating. Dying power transformer.
You can try pointing a fan at the router to ensure it has cooling. Power transformer problems just require replacement.
This might be an opportunity to upgrade your router if you don't have an WIFI AC1900 or newer router.

Solution