Question Router Restarts At The Same Time Frame Every Night

zhiffy

Commendable
Mar 17, 2018
Hello,

I've been having a certain issue with my internet for a while now. It started 4 months ago when the router randomly disconnects and reconnects at around 11 PM every night. After a week, we upgraded our internet but that didn't fix the problem. We've called our ISP (Frontier) to do diagnostics on it and they said it was completely fine. Just yesterday, we had someone come fix it and he replaced our router with a brand new one. It didn't do anything at all.

After 4 months of restarts, it's getting out of hand. Is there anyway that this is fixable? Thanks.

-Happens every night at 11PM with 1-3 restarts
-Usually lasts for 2 mins but sometimes 10 minutes

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model router?

Who has full admin rights to the router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

The router's admin person will need to access the logs.

Do you have a separate modem? If so, make and model?

Environment: home, apartments, dorm?

How many devices on the network - wired and wireless?

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

I've been having a certain issue with my internet for a while now. It started 4 months ago when the router randomly disconnects and reconnects at around 11 PM every night. After a week, we upgraded our internet but that didn't fix the problem. We've called our ISP (Frontier) to do diagnostics on it and they said it was completely fine. Just yesterday, we had someone come fix it and he replaced our router with a brand new one. It didn't do anything at all.

After 4 months of restarts, it's getting out of hand. Is there anyway that this is fixable? Thanks.

-Happens every night at 11PM with 1-3 restarts
-Usually lasts for 2 mins but sometimes 10 minutes
You may need to monitor the voltage in the outlet the router is plugged into. It could be a basic AC power issue.

zhiffy

Commendable
Mar 17, 2018
Here's two images of the router and how it looks View: https://imgur.com/a/7ook35Q

If you can't see the picture, the model number for the router is FOG421. The modem in the picture is an ARRIS NVG468MQ.

We live in a two story house with the modem and the router in the picture downstairs while we have a fios g1100 upstairs.

There's around 6 devices on at the same time in the afternoon and 1-2 devices on when it restarts at night.

How do you know it is restarting? Have you personally sat in front of it and watched it reboot for no reason? What do the logs look like just prior to the reboot?

Yes, around the time it restarts, the LAN signal stops blinking and the blue globe turns red. It stays like this for around 2 mins and it goes back to normal. But as I mentioned, it can sometimes happen more than once in that time span.