Router WIFI drop internet connection.

xfri

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
I have a fiber internet connection connection 100mbps and my laptop are connected via WIFI but whenever I run SPEEDTEST it just go 10mbps and it will drop the connection via WIFI and who ever connected in that WIFI access will also.

Using LAN Cable works just fine.

My settings:

Band: 2.4 GHz
Mode: Mixed

Channel Width: 20
Channel Number: 6 (PS: I did try "11" still drop the connection)

I have a DD-WRT firmware router and a CDR KING router yeah it's funny but let just say I don't have a cheap router PS: not my personal choice of router.

xfri

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

latest build I can't because in my working place is a live area maybe if I update to latest it will generate another problem plus my router is kind a meh. Maybe if I got another same router to play around it.

I think the laptop is not the problem.

That is a great router.......10 years ago.

The router I chose can also be flashed to DD-WRT and outpaces that relic in every category.
Now the router I chose in no way is high end, it is bang for buck. Here is the more powerful router I am using. It has dual core cpu, more ram memory and much faster 5ghz speeds: https://www.amazon.com/RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471012001&sr=8-2&keywords=asus+ac68p

Your boss needs to realize that technology is an investment and that your old piece of equipment is costing him way more in lost productivity then the $50 to replace it.
If your business is an online model or flat out DEPENDS on the internet then he should have business class equipment, not a cheap router from "networking shelf" at wal-mart.