Reputable
Jun 19, 2016
I have an ROG Strix Scar 15 2020 laptop with the following specs:
  • 240hz 3ms screen
  • 8 core i7-10875h
  • RTX 2060 115W
  • 16gb ram (single channel)
  • 1TB SSD
My Windows settings are as optimized as possible already. Game mode is on.
All my graphics drivers are updated to the latest.
My Power/battery settings are also set to full performance.
Nvidia control panel also set to high performance.
Nvidia low latency: Ultra

When I run a CSGO benchmark using Ulletical benchmark workshop map on all Maxed Settings which is as follows:
  • Everything High/VeryHigh
  • Multicore rendering: on
  • FXAA: off
  • Uber shaders: on
  • Vsync, Motionblur and such: off
  • MSAA: 8x
  • Anistrophic: 16x
  • Texture Streaming: Enabled
The Results of the benchmarks is 159 average framerate.....
On Deathmatch (Dust II) with the same settings also averaging 120-150 and sometimes higher in tunnels.

Both of these results are sooooo absurd.

I mean wtff look at these youtube videos of the laptops with the same rtx 2060 and slightly worse cpu
View: https://youtu.be/dhmst-Q0jOA

View: https://youtu.be/RC-vUh7vMOg

The first video even only has an i5 and 8 ram(probably dual channel but still, very huge ddifferences)
The second video is averaging 230+ fps on deathamtch Dust II. WTFFFFFF.

What the hell is wrong with my CSGO. Yes I know I only have a single channel 16gb RAM, but does it really have this huge of an impact? i dont think so...

By the way, i also have others games tested, here are the average fps on all maxed settings:
  • Apex Legends: 100-120 fps
  • COD Warzone: 80-100 fps
  • PUBG : 90-120 fps
Now the results from these games seems normal right? as an rtx 2060 115w should perform, even i saw some youtube videos with slightly higher average maybe only 10 fps, i mean.... that can be fixed when i have dual channel easily.

So its definitely only my csgo which is absurd, can someone please tell me why??

I also disabled fullscreen optimizations on all my games, as well as turning off override high dpi scaling behaviour performed by: applications even i dont really know how big of an impact it gives but just doing it like every other people, so i also would really appreciate it someone can explain me what this does and how much does it affect performance thankyou :))))

Solution
Single channel ram will significantly impact gaming performance where the cpu is the limiting factor. I really hate that they sell gaming laptops with single channel ram.