RTX 2060 Fan Noise

Feb 10, 2019
I had a GTX 970 before and it was pretty silent. I bought a Gigabyte WindForce RTX 2060 OC 6G and when I ran Apex Legends or any other game and in load, the card's fan makes a noise. Like, if seems it's due to spinning fast but I am not sure. Is it normal? Its not terribly loud but it's kinda noticible.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I had a GTX 970 before and it was pretty silent. I bought a Gigabyte WindForce RTX 2060 OC 6G and when I ran Apex Legends or any other game and in load, the card's fan makes a noise. Like, if seems it's due to spinning fast but I am not sure. Is it normal? Its not terribly loud but it's kinda noticible.

Yeah. I had a Gigabyte Windforce before (GTX 570) and hated that cooler. Windforce cooler are kinda known for not being the most silent one. I had the MSI 970 Gaming and I like it for being silent. When I bought my RTX 2080 I researched noise a lot and that was one reason I went with the MSI Duke. It is even more silent than my old 970. According to some test its about 1 - 2 db more silent than the 970.

When I research cards I don't look at anything that is tested with more than 40db fan noise under gaming load. The lower the better. I also really like MSI fan stop feature, which means that the fans stops under a certain temperature and you basically have zero noise when the card is in idle and you do normal desktop work.