[SOLVED] RTX 2060 Laptop Very Low GPU Usage in Warzone and Battlefield V

Solution
Hey there,

Try your best to keep to one thread. Multiple threads and answers can confuse you and us :)

Your CPU temps are pretty high on your vid. Your CPU is throttling. Although, it's not throttling that much. Have you the CPU set at a max of 3.6ghz or something? I would expect it to boost to about 4ghz all core under load. At 90-93c on your CPU, it's defo throttling. This can have an impact on your gaming.

What gaming settings are you playing in the vid? What resolution. What's the model of the laptop?

You might look at some options for cooling the lappie better. Do you have a laptop cooling pad? If not, get a decent one, and seat your laptop high at the rear on the cooling pad. This will allow more airflow/cold air to get into...
Hey there,

Try your best to keep to one thread. Multiple threads and answers can confuse you and us :)

Your CPU temps are pretty high on your vid. Your CPU is throttling. Although, it's not throttling that much. Have you the CPU set at a max of 3.6ghz or something? I would expect it to boost to about 4ghz all core under load. At 90-93c on your CPU, it's defo throttling. This can have an impact on your gaming.

What gaming settings are you playing in the vid? What resolution. What's the model of the laptop?

You might look at some options for cooling the lappie better. Do you have a laptop cooling pad? If not, get a decent one, and seat your laptop high at the rear on the cooling pad. This will allow more airflow/cold air to get into your cooling system, and give lower temps, with higher performance.

Consider undervolting your CPU with Throttlestop. This will reduce the voltage going to your CPU, thereby reducing heat output, and allow your CPU to boost higher speeds, and for longer. It will also reduce fan speed and noise.

You can also consider re-applying thermal paste on your CPU. This can have a dramatic effect on your CPU/GPU temps and increase performance.

Reactions: xdarksoulx
Solution
Jul 10, 2021
Hey there,

You might look at some options for cooling the lappie better. Do you have a laptop cooling pad? If not, get a decent one, and seat your laptop high at the rear on the cooling pad. This will allow more airflow/cold air to get into your cooling system, and give lower temps, with higher performance.

Consider undervolting your CPU with Throttlestop. This will reduce the voltage going to your CPU, thereby reducing heat output, and allow your CPU to boost higher speeds, and for longer. It will also reduce fan speed and noise.

You can also consider re-applying thermal paste on your CPU. This can have a dramatic effect on your CPU/GPU temps and increase performance.
Thanks, first of all, you can see the settings at the beginning of the video, they are all high except for a few settings. I didn't fix my CPU speed to 3.6, my device is Acer Predator Helios 300. All 10th generation Intel processor devices go up to 90 degrees easily anyway. Also, does 65-75% usage mean a bottleneck? Even if there is a bottleneck, I don't think there should be such a low GPU usage.

haha :) My old eyes missed my glasses, so couldn't see the settings :tearsofjoy:

Whilst CPU's are designed to work at high temps, up to 100c without problems, the same is not said of the cooling systems that a lot of gaming laptop manufacturers design their machines. The cooling system is adequate at best, and results in thermal throttling at about 80-90c depending on the laptop cooling design.

I have an I7 9750h which at stock, 45w, will throttle at 80c from a lack of power and throttle back to 3.6ghz. The real power draw is closer to 60w+ to allow the CPU to boost to it's rated max boost of 4ghz all core, and 4.5 on a single core. Most gaming laptops will limit the power the CPU can draw, and thus the throttling. If your CPU isn't at full whack, that can impact how your GPU outputs FPS.

Jul 10, 2021
haha :) My old eyes missed my glasses, so couldn't see the settings :tearsofjoy:

Whilst CPU's are designed to work at high temps, up to 100c without problems, the same is not said of the cooling systems that a lot of gaming laptop manufacturers design their machines. The cooling system is adequate at best, and results in thermal throttling at about 80-90c depending on the laptop cooling design.

I have an I7 9750h which at stock, 45w, will throttle at 80c from a lack of power and throttle back to 3.6ghz. The real power draw is closer to 60w+ to allow the CPU to boost to it's rated max boost of 4ghz all core, and 4.5 on a single core. Most gaming laptops will limit the power the CPU can draw, and thus the throttling. If your CPU isn't at full whack, that can impact how your GPU outputs FPS.
Hello again, Does my CPU speed need to be higher? Like 3900-4200 Mhz?

There will always be a limiting factor.
Sometimes graphics, sometimes cpu(usually single thread) and occasionally the number of threads.
Running at 100% of any resource is not, by itself a good thing.
It means that that particular resource has no reserve to handle added demand.

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. it means you have throttled.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself
until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.

Jul 10, 2021
There will always be a limiting factor.
Sometimes graphics, sometimes cpu(usually single thread) and occasionally the number of threads.
Running at 100% of any resource is not, by itself a good thing.
It means that that particular resource has no reserve to handle added demand.

I see many complaints about gaming laptops not performing well.
Usually gaming while plugged in.
One common cause is thermal throttling.
Laptop coolers must, of necessity be small and light.
They are also relatively underpowered.
If you run an app such as HWMonitor or HWinfo, you will get the current, minimum, and maximum cpu temperatures.
For intel processors, if you see a max of 100c. it means you have throttled.
The cpu will lower it's multiplier and power draw to protect itself
until the situation reverses.
At a lower multiplier, your cpu usage may well be at 100%
What can you do?
First, see that your cooler airways are clear and that the cooler fan is spinning.

It is counter-intuitive, but, try changing the windows power profile advanced functions to a max of 90% instead of the default of 100%
You may not notice the reduced cpu performance.
Thank u, so i5 10300h is enough for warzone and rtx 2060 90w?

Jul 10, 2021
Hello @keith12 @geofelt its getting a little late but i think there is no problem.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NThnH3RA_0E&ab_channel=recepcan

This is my new benchmark video. And look at this now my CPU is always +%95 usage and its all about 3400-3600 Mhz. So i cant get stable 60 FPS with RTX 2060. It doesnt matter Low or High settings. And DLSS didnt work.
So what can i do? I think the problem is 10300h because its a poor processor.