[SOLVED] RTX 2060 - Low GPU Usage - HIGH END PC but lagging on Fortnite

Jan 3, 2020
Hello.

As the title says i've got trouble with my GPU i think, cause in Fortnite it reaches only 30%-50% usage, it will go more than that only if i put epic settings on but then it's choppy af.

So basically my PC is RTX 2060 i7 9700k 16GB Ram Monitor 144HZ I've upgraded my GPU and Procesor and i can tell that with my old procesor (i5 8400) and with my old gpu (gtx 1050ti) i had the same problem. Choppy gameplay, unplayable in Battle Royale, its playable on creative but not on battle royale, it's so laggy and my fps are unstable, going from 150 to 60.

I've upgraded my entire PC and i stil didn't find the issue. I'm right ready to pay an amount of money to someone that is finding me a fix for this.

I've been dealing with this issue for more than 5 months now lol. PS. It seems like everytime my fps are going down, thats when my gpu usages is going down aswell, and btw tried cs:go and it was choppy aswell, 100-200 fps which is not enough for my specs. 🙏 Specs while staying on Creative

https://prnt.sc/qj571y

Solution
For slots A2 & B2 not to be working my first guess would be a bent cpu pin. I would check for bent pins.

As above you need to get the correct slots working to enable dual channel.
Jan 3, 2020
1x 16GB?
2x 8GB?
4x 4GB?

Make and model of power supply?

Did you reinstall Windows?

2 x 8gb
The thing is i have them on slot 1 and 2. Even tho its recommended 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 but slots 3 and 4 r not getting detected by my motherboard. If i pu them on 1 and 2 they both get detected but a thing pops up when i open pc that its recommended to put them on 2 4 so idk

And i ve tried reinstalling windows 100 times, ive paid people to make me tweaks on a fresh windows but my games still werent running at their best, especially fortnite

Supply is a 650W Corsair

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
2 x 8gb
The thing is i have them on slot 1 and 2. Even tho its recommended 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 but slots 3 and 4 r not getting detected by my motherboard. If i pu them on 1 and 2 they both get detected but a thing pops up when i open pc that its recommended to put them on 2 4 so idk

And i ve tried reinstalling windows 100 times, ive paid people to make me tweaks on a fresh windows but my games still werent running at their best, especially fortnite

Supply is a 650W Corsair
Your ram isn't running in dual channel mode and that's why you experience FPS drops. What do you mean your ram is not detected if you place the sticks at A2 B2 slots? Can you take a picture of your BIOS while having the two sticks at A2 and B2 slots? What is your motherboard? And lastly which is the exact make and model of your PSU? Wattage and brand name are not enough.

Jan 3, 2020
For slots A2 & B2 not to be working my first guess would be a bent cpu pin. I would check for bent pins.

Your ram isn't running in dual channel mode and that's why you experience FPS drops. What do you mean your ram is not detected if you place the sticks at A2 B2 slots? Can you take a picture of your BIOS while having the two sticks at A2 and B2 slots? What is your motherboard? And lastly which is the exact make and model of your PSU? Wattage and brand name are not enough.

P_20200104_150841_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20200104_150824_vHDR_On.jpg

Jan 3, 2020

I'm pretty sure i saw a pin when i installed my CPU a few days ago (i7 9700k) that was facing a different way, could that be a big problem for the system? even tho the CPU works fine, temperatures etc?