Question RTX 2060 Running slow?

Oct 26, 2019
For the past 3 or so days I've been running games at a much lower FPS than normal. I've been getting 30-40 fps on games like Roblox or Minecraft.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
MSI RTX 2060
32GB DDR4-2666
1TB HDD
240GB SSD (boot drive)

I have tried resetting BIOS settings to normal, turning on XMP profile, and tweaking settings in MSI Afterburner. Nothing has been working, any help?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
For the past 3 or so days I've been running games at a much lower FPS than normal. I've been getting 30-40 fps on games like Roblox or Minecraft.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 2700
MSI RTX 2060
32GB DDR4-2666
1TB HDD
240GB SSD (boot drive)

I have tried resetting BIOS settings to normal, turning on XMP profile, and tweaking settings in MSI Afterburner. Nothing has been working, any help?

When was the last time you updated the drivers? I ask because another member here was having issues with their 2060 as well. (or was that you lol?) Actually, if you Google "2060 Poor Performance" there are a ton of people having issues. I wonder in the newer release did something? Have you tried rolling back to a previous version? You have very nice hardware otherwise. Now I did read that if you use RT on Minecraft that it's demanding and MS advises a minimum of a 2060. Have you tried runnign the game without all the extra bells & whistles that the RTX cards have?

Oct 26, 2019
When was the last time you updated the drivers? I ask because another member here was having issues with their 2060 as well. (or was that you lol?) Actually, if you Google "2060 Poor Performance" there are a ton of people having issues. I wonder in the newer release did something? Have you tried rolling back to a previous version? You have very nice hardware otherwise. Now I did read that if you use RT on Minecraft that it's demanding and MS advises a minimum of a 2060. Have you tried runnign the game without all the extra bells & whistles that the RTX cards have?
I've updated all the drivers and I am not using RT on any game. The game are unmodified so this problem comes out of the blue. The PC is roughly 3 months old. The last driver I used also had this problem, so I'm wondering if maybe the GPU is just defective?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I've updated all the drivers and I am not using RT on any game. The game are unmodified so this problem comes out of the blue. The PC is roughly 3 months old. The last driver I used also had this problem, so I'm wondering if maybe the GPU is just defective?

What are the temps? Within normal specs? Do you have a good PSU? Is your mobo's Bios the most current version? What are you running the games at? Max res & settings? Same issue if you only use 16GB RAM? Have you tested each stick to see if maybe one or more sticks is fussy?

Oct 26, 2019
What are the temps? Within normal specs? Do you have a good PSU? Is your mobo's Bios the most current version? What are you running the games at? Max res & settings? Same issue if you only use 16GB RAM? Have you tested each stick to see if maybe one or more sticks is fussy?
Temps are Idle: 30-35 gaming: 40-50. Temps are normal and I've dusted the GPU. I'm using an EVGA 650 Bronze PSU. Games are being used at low settings, still averaging 30-40 fps. I tried the RAM, it doesn't seem to be the issue.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Temps are Idle: 30-35 gaming: 40-50. Temps are normal and I've dusted the GPU. I'm using an EVGA 650 Bronze PSU. Games are being used at low settings, still averaging 30-40 fps. I tried the RAM, it doesn't seem to be the issue.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but is your 2060 a reg or Super? When was the last time you reinstalled Windows? What card did you have previously & did you use DDU to remove all traces of the old GPU drivers?

Oct 26, 2019
I don't know if this makes a difference, but is your 2060 a reg or Super? When was the last time you reinstalled Windows? What card did you have previously & did you use DDU to remove all traces of the old GPU drivers?
I have an RTX 2060 regular. I reinstalled windows on the 240gb SSD I have about a week ago. The computer is completely new, no previous cards. I just tried using DDU to remove all previous drivers and reinstalled the updated ones. Still looking at low FPS

Oct 26, 2019
I fixed the issue, I had some random application in the background this entire time using utilizing my CPU 100%. Thank you for the help none the less. I greatly appreciate it.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I fixed the issue, I had some random application in the background this entire time using utilizing my CPU 100%. Thank you for the help none the less. I greatly appreciate it.

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed! What was the process? I have the same CPU and it's crushed everything I've thrown at it over the past year. I wanna know what it's kryptonite is lol..