[SOLVED] RTX 2060 Super 8GB or Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

simez1

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I need help for which graphic card should i buy RTX 2060 Super 8GB or Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB, my processor is Ryzen 7 3700X bdw. I need graphic that wont heat up fast and drop the fps which i heard that RX 5700 XT 8gb i getting heated up faster and drops fps, also RX 5700 XT consumes more power thant 2060 super. My PSU is 650W gold efficiency. Thanks

Solution
Mostly autodesk maya , unity and , unreal 4 , but lets say , approximately 4-5 hours per day
on 3D , and high end games around 3 hours so in total of 8 hours. But anyways i want graphic that is strong and can endure more pressure without having fps drops or something similar problems , big heating etc .
Since you are using Maya, it doesn't have tested support for the 5700XT. That means you are going to have to go with the 2060 Super. When it comes to professional applications, making sure that you have a supported GPU is important.
1920 x 1080 with 60 hz at the moment. I need it to use it for work for 3D at least 5 hours per day, and games mostly new games like AC odyssey COD warzone mostly new games, battlefield etc.
Since it is mainly for 3D work, what program are you using? Certain programs will only work with nVidia so that might make the decision for you. Overall the 5700XT is about 10% faster than the 2060 Super. It does use a little more power and is a little warmer, but it is in line with the added performance. With a 650W PSU it won't make any difference for them and both will be able to run for 5hrs at a time.

Reactions: King_V
Nov 28, 2019
RTX 2060 SUPER

1. CUDA Cores
More productive applications and render engines are developed to work efficiently using the CUDA Cores [ while all applications support openGL now, some render engines like V-ray and Lumion take advantage of the CUDA Cores of Nvidia.

2. Watt
Being foolish I was and still am running the RTX 2060 super with a 450 watt psu for 6 months.
I am not suggesting to run a graphic card with a less watt psu but I do say that the watt usage has never increased 250 watt mark including all my peripherals and Cpu.
wCwyxY.png

simez1

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
Since it is mainly for 3D work, what program are you using? Certain programs will only work with nVidia so that might make the decision for you. Overall the 5700XT is about 10% faster than the 2060 Super. It does use a little more power and is a little warmer, but it is in line with the added performance. With a 650W PSU it won't make any difference for them and both will be able to run for 5hrs at a time.

Mostly autodesk maya , unity and , unreal 4 , but lets say , approximately 4-5 hours per day
on 3D , and high end games around 3 hours so in total of 8 hours. But anyways i want graphic that is strong and can endure more pressure without having fps drops or something similar problems , big heating etc .

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have Cooler Master MWE 650 W Gold its only 2 months old.
Cooler Master has a kind of a reputation for their PSUs not being that good. Is it possible to return it?

Any which way, considering that you're going to be getting a fairly high end GPU and putting serious load on it, I would STRONGLY recommend replacing that PSU. Take a look at the first link in my sig, that is a MUST READ for getting high quality PSUs.

Reactions: simez1
Since you are using Maya, it doesn't have tested support for the 5700XT. That means you are going to have to go with the 2060 Super. When it comes to professional applications, making sure that you have a supported GPU is important.

Reactions: simez1
Solution