[SOLVED] RTX 2060 Super crashed when play game but when i use onboard everything work fine.

Aug 5, 2020
first sorry for my bad english.
PLEASE HELP ME. I FEEL LIKE I'm GOING CRAZY. I DIDN'T even get a GOOD SLEEP at NIGHT. ever since it happened.

I bought a full set of custom pc on 3 months ago to play bannerlord.
this is my build:
GPU Asus rog strix geforce RTX 2060 super
CPU CORE I5-9600
asrock B365M-HDV bios ver.4.20 which is the lasted
corsair vengeance lpx 16gb (8gb x2)
PSU raidmax rx 700w 80+ bronze
M.2 SSD FIRECUDA 510 1TB (i dont have other HDD connected)
OS windows 10

I use default setting and never touch any OC. my pc work for almost 2 months before it crash. first crash has some green cross-line dot spread full on display before pc shutdown. I restart but thing crashed so hard. as i just startup and didn't do anything I got black screen or random color freeze screen and stay forever i have to force shutdown manually. I went to safemode and use DDU to uninstall nvidia driver and try to install both new and old gpu drivers but when it finished install i got black screen immediately.

I RMA my RTX 2060 super card for 1 month and they said "no problem found". so i install it and play. it work for almost 2 day and then it crash the same problem again. also green cross-line dot spread full on display before pc shutdown.

I swap to use onboard by setting it in bios and disable nvidia rtx 2060 super driver. everything work fine. no crash no color freeze screen. but when i enable the driver and try to run game it happen to get BSOD. now I got the windows mini dump file. open it with bluescreenview it has a red on ntoskrnl.exe then i try to run all system file fixing cmd but it won't work.

so i'm lurking around internet world to fixing it but failed hard.
I buy a new psu 750w 80+ bronze tier 2 on tomshardware. still crash.
did stress test. it run fine till i close the test and it crash. all resolution have same result. crashed.
did memtest for day and all pass.
did ram swap or only use 1 at time. gpu still crash
did ssd check and no problem everything is so green.
reset bios by remove the cmos. still crash.
try both gpu bios mode [Quiet and Performance mode]. feel actually the same.
try install a new windows OS and after i installed my very first nvidia gpu driver (lasted version) still crash.
did a check on mobo. everything look so clean and beautiful no damaged being seen at all.
try to underclock gpu with afterburner to the lowest as possible. still not work. (i see my gpu voltage is 643mV on default setting. is it normal?)
try increase DRAM, CPU, VRAM, voltage or frequency. not work.
summary, if i connected hdmi to gpu i got black screen forever till i force shutdown myself. if i connected hdmi to mobo i got BSOD and mini dump file said about ntoskrnl.exe thing

it happened on every games or every program that use gpu resource. i try to use it to play rise of nation extended edition and battle realm. it still crash. i doubt it will work on other graphic eater games.

i dont know what to do. im dying each day pass without gaming. what am i missing? (game yes)
SO PLEASE, any way or how to fix this?

Solution
yeah, i am also having the same problem bro.MY ZOTAC RTX2060 6GB is also crashing...better check u r GPU on another MO.BO with a different brand like MSI or ASUS.Also try installing another GPU like an AMD one and check.I guess u r GPU is defective

chanu0011

Honorable
Apr 12, 2014
yeah, i am also having the same problem bro.MY ZOTAC RTX2060 6GB is also crashing...better check u r GPU on another MO.BO with a different brand like MSI or ASUS.Also try installing another GPU like an AMD one and check.I guess u r GPU is defective

Solution
Aug 5, 2020
now i see the problem. when my gpu usage is hit 0 (idle) from finishing task (or any %). its crash. so i running furmark to force gpu not idle and went to gaming and its actually work. no crash by far but i need to manual disable gpu driver so its wont crash my pc. you have any program or tools to make gpu always running or not idle ?

Jul 18, 2020
now i see the problem. when my gpu usage is hit 0 (idle) from finishing task (or any %). its crash. so i running furmark to force gpu not idle and went to gaming and its actually work. no crash by far but i need to manual disable gpu driver so its wont crash my pc. you have any program or tools to make gpu always running or not idle ?
Tomy knowledge a software like that does not exist.....
I have ways in order to do it.
  1. Disable it manually
  2. Contact Nvidia and get a replacement
  3. Maybe there is something wrong with the driver or the OS
  4. Learn programming and create the software yourself
I recommend emailing the Nvidia customer support and they'll maybe be able to get you a refund or a new replacement or maybe give you a Super version (Rarely) as compensation.

Aug 5, 2020
maybe something is dead inside my pc
i'm using FurMark ROG Edition x64, 3D test : rog08 and do 50x50 resolution so only take 10% of my gpu now i can spend the rest play game without gpu idle crash.