Question RTX 2060 Super or RX 5700 XT?

Bia_

Prominent
May 23, 2022
I'm going to buy a new graphics card for my PC.
I found a RTX 2060 Super FE for 200€ and a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ for 225€
I don't really care about RT, except in minecraft but i can use normal Shaders, power consumption and overclocking
It is going to be paired with a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB of Ram running at 3200Mhz and a EVGA BQ 700w 80+ Bronze PSU.

I'm going to buy a new graphics card for my PC.
I found a RTX 2060 Super FE for 200€ and a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ for 225€
I don't really care about RT, except in minecraft but i can use normal Shaders, power consumption and overclocking
It is going to be paired with a Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB of Ram running at 3200Mhz and a EVGA BQ 700w 80+ Bronze PSU.
They perform very similarly, the 5700XT is slightly faster in most cases. I may have misunderstood but if you intend to overclock the 5700XT to compensate for it's lack of ray tracing hardware then I wouldn't do that I would just get the 2060 Super.

Bia_

Prominent
May 23, 2022
They perform very similarly, the 5700XT is slightly faster in most cases. I may have misunderstood but if you intend to overclock the 5700XT to compensate for it's lack of ray tracing hardware then I wouldn't do that I would just get the 2060 Super.
Well, i really didn't want to overclock any card, i don't know how to do it properly and i didn't want to use Ray Tracing, i only wanted to use RT on Minecraft, but that is something minor.
And sorry if my english is a little broken

5700xt. It performs closer to the newer rx 6600xt. The 2060 is closer to the newer rtx 3050. The 6600xt at least without ray tracing is more comparable to the rtx 3060. So if you are putting ray tracing to the side, it’s almost 1 tier above the 2060 imo. Hope that makes sense.

Bia_

Prominent
May 23, 2022
5700xt. It performs closer to the newer rx 6600xt. The 2060 is closer to the newer rtx 3050. The 6600xt at least without ray tracing is more comparable to the rtx 3060. So if you are putting ray tracing to the side, it’s almost 1 tier above the 2060 imo. Hope that makes sense.
Thank you, that was what wanted to know
But one question, the 5700 XT drivers are bad?

AMD used to have more driver issues but I think the last few years they’ve really improved. I’ve got a 6700xt and I’m pretty happy with that. Though if I get the money I may try to get a 6800xt or 6900xt. That may give you an idea how I feel anyway. But to my knowledge they’ve really improved that area.

Just be sure you have a good quality power supply in either case so that you don’t have issues with the system crashing etc.

Well, i really didn't want to overclock any card, i don't know how to do it properly and i didn't want to use Ray Tracing, i only wanted to use RT on Minecraft, but that is something minor.
I wouldn't overclock it's more hassle than it's worth.

Thank you, that was what wanted to know
But one question, the 5700 XT drivers are bad?
I wouldn't say they are bad, but I can't remmber the last time I encountered an issue with an Nvidia card. I have more confidence in Nvidia's drivers but it's not often I've encountered an issue with AMD.

In summary the 5700XT will give you the highest frame rates, the 2060 Super get's you more features like Ray Tracing and DLSS. DLSS is perhaps more useful than Ray Tracing on a 2060 Super.

Reactions: Tac 25
As an RTX 2060 Super owner, I had to deal with the same situation you're in OP. When I bought this card a few years ago, I only bought it over a RX 5700 XT because i really used all of Nvidia's features, especially NVENC and DLSS - even though I knew I was sacrificing performance.

This is why most people should buy the 5700 XT, it is a full tier upgrade over the 2060 class cards and competes with the RTX 2070 Super in rasterization performance. So unless you want RT, the RX 5700 XT will be faster than the 2060 Super in a large amount of cases.

For reference, check this video out:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5arN2DcIw

In a worst-case scenario, you'll get equal performance to a 2060 Super, in a best-case scenario, the performance is so much faster it isn't even funny.

Bia_

Prominent
May 23, 2022
AMD used to have more driver issues but I think the last few years they’ve really improved. I’ve got a 6700xt and I’m pretty happy with that. Though if I get the money I may try to get a 6800xt or 6900xt. That may give you an idea how I feel anyway. But to my knowledge they’ve really improved that area.

Just be sure you have a good quality power supply in either case so that you don’t have issues with the system crashing etc.
Thank you very much, i'm gonna get the RX 5700 XT

Bia_

Prominent
May 23, 2022
As an RTX 2060 Super owner, I had to deal with the same situation you're in OP. When I bought this card a few years ago, I only bought it over a RX 5700 XT because i really used all of Nvidia's features, especially NVENC and DLSS - even though I knew I was sacrificing performance.

This is why most people should buy the 5700 XT, it is a full tier upgrade over the 2060 class cards and competes with the RTX 2070 Super in rasterization performance. So unless you want RT, the RX 5700 XT will be faster than the 2060 Super in a large amount of cases.

For reference, check this video out:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ5arN2DcIw

In a worst-case scenario, you'll get equal performance to a 2060 Super, in a best-case scenario, the performance is so much faster it isn't even funny.

Ok, i was just looking for rasterization performance since most of my games don't support DLSS or RT, and i've decided to buy the 5700 XT.

Reactions: TechyInAZ