Question RTX 2060 very low framerate

Nov 17, 2021
Hello, for some reason I've been noticing a very bad performance on my RTX 2060, this was obvious to me yesterday when I tried to play the newly released Halo Infinite, I'm barely managing to keep 60 fps with EVERYTHING on low cfg, as the overlay of Riva does not work in Halo, I opened F1 2021 and put the graphics all at maximum and noticed this lousy performance too. I don't know what else to do, I've changed all the power consumption settings, Windows and Nvidia Panel, I've gone to Msi Afterburner to see it and set the power limit to 120, maximum, and nothing has changed, I've reinstalled the driver nvidia, the card doesn't give any artifacts in any game, but the framerate is low, the overlay indicates that the card is being used at 100% but its power consumption at full load is no more than 35% on the GPU-Z, or 65w in games. My complete cfg is; RTX 2060 ASUS OC Edition, A320, 12gb, Ryzen 1600ae, SSD 120, HD 4tb, PSU Corsair 600w. Windows 10.

yF9IoH4.png
5rTN4pS.png
YNBM1eP.png

Nov 17, 2021
Hi, thanks for replying. I didn't think about that possibility, but I imagine that if that were the case, wouldn't it be an inverted scenario? 100% CPU and "idle" GPU ? They say Halo Infinite is very CPU intensive, but what's driving me crazy is that the framerate is low in other games too.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
A)There's a short somewhere on the card, and it refuses to boost up to protect itself.
B)Crimped/bent power connector. Related to A.
Either of these implies there's physical damage on the gpu... well, a damaged monitor cable is also possible

Have you already tried Display Driver Uninstaller with a new driver? Tried it with an older driver?
Tried testing all the video ports on the back of the gpu?

Reactions: Charcasss
Nov 17, 2021
A)There's a short somewhere on the card, and it refuses to boost up to protect itself.
B)Crimped/bent power connector. Related to A.
Either of these implies there's physical damage on the gpu... well, a damaged monitor cable is also possible

Have you already tried Display Driver Uninstaller with a new driver? Tried it with an older driver?
Tried testing all the video ports on the back of the gpu?

Hi, thanks for replying. I just uninstalled the driver using DDU and with Windows in safe mode, I tested three different drivers, 388.13, 496.49, 496.76 and unfortunately I didn't get any progress, the same scenario occurs in all. I also tested two different HDMI cables, on both inputs, no progress... I couldn't test the display port inputs because my monitor is hdmi only. So, as you suggested, it might actually be a physical defect, too bad... I just hope it's reversible, I only realized this problem now because of Halo, I've only been playing Dark Souls and old games, I never noticed anything abnormal .