Question RTX 2060

Jan 8, 2022
Anyone else having RTX 2060 8GB in their pc and while playing some type of games it sounds like an airplane? Ready or not, warfare, red dead etc, all those games and my pc sounds like its about to fly out from my room. Now when I try out the game "Ready or not" and have on Epic graphics, its sounds like its working pretty hard. Me thinking too much or should I be worried? Getting temps up to 83 celcius while playing. Have read a few places that the RTX 2060 do work a little harder then a few other gpu's but.. Listening inside the Pc now while ingame on Ready or Not it seems like all fans are working like crazy. Worth thinking about changing cabinet?

Specs on pc:
Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B450-F
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X
GPU: RTX 2060 8GB

Storage:
2x 120gb ssd's
1x 1tb harddrive

Fect123

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
83c is ok-ish on 2060 if you're running at 100% usage. it's not great but not a major concern. you could try capping your temperatures with geforce experience (Alt Z > Performance > Temperature Target). this does not always affect your performance as games can sometimes make your gpu run higher than it needs to. Also you should not put a gaming PC in a cabinet as this will increase your overall PC temperatures even higher than it needs to be.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022
83c is ok-ish on 2060 if you're running at 100% usage. it's not great but not a major concern. you could try capping your temperatures with geforce experience (Alt Z > Performance > Temperature Target). this does not always affect your performance as games can sometimes make your gpu run higher than it needs to. Also you should not put a gaming PC in a cabinet as this will increase your overall PC temperatures even higher than it needs to be.
Can it be worth a shot to try changing back to my older NZXT cabinet? I have an NZXT Phantom 410 cabinet just laying there taking in dust

Fect123

Prominent
Feb 17, 2021
Can it be worth a shot to try changing back to my older NZXT cabinet? I have an NZXT Phantom 410 cabinet just laying there taking in dust
Oh you mean PC case, i thought you meant a literal cabinet furniture unit. ignore what i said about cabinets then lol. Your current PC case is fine as long as it has an intake fan & an exaust fan. More fans are better

Jan 8, 2022
if you are using the Cepter Cube it should have plenty of airflow with proper fan placement.
how do you have it setup?

those can have decent airflow if equipped with enough fans.
but would not be better than the Cepter Cube.
Here is pictures from the front, inside and top. On the front, it doesnt come with the fans which showed on the picture, that was something that tricket me when i bought it, it just shows you how you COULD have it. Since I don't have water cooling on the cpu its pretty empty on top as you can see. So the case itself has 2 fans in front, and 1 in the back. Other fans inside is of course the gpu having 2, and AMD stock as 1 aswell.https://share.icloud.com/photos/05bZlOr7AvUbQQ62JCpjx3RkA

Jan 8, 2022
KjyN7t8.jpg

Jan 8, 2022
it should be okay as it is.

one thing i might try;
add a 140mm exhaust to the top towards the rear
and add a 120mm intake just below the GPU in the very bottom.
Thank you for quick and good feedback, will try to add those two fans. In about a week or max two I will have this installed, will come back here to this post to let you guys know how it went. :)