[SOLVED] RTX 2070 blower model overclocking ?

Mar 24, 2020
hey guys just got a alienware aurora r8 with a i5 9600k and 2070 rtx blower model . i know its the worst model for cooling but id like to know if i can overclock it safely ? any opinions on what i should i do ? i was looking into maybe getthing a heatsink and fan set up from ebay but the installation looks a bit out of my range of knowledge .
thanks guys

Solution
Yes you can do it safely.

Run the gpu at stock settings - not just one game please, and see how much thermal headroom you have first.
Overclocking the gpu means using more power, thus running warmer, and needing better cooling - raising the fan curve - to accommodate for that.
That gpu is temperature sensitive, so if the thermal headroom is already lacking, just about any overclock will be denied because the gpu would be running even warmer.

The default thermal limit for those blower cards is 81C. The closer the card gets to that, the lower the boost clock will be.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes you can do it safely.

Run the gpu at stock settings - not just one game please, and see how much thermal headroom you have first.
Overclocking the gpu means using more power, thus running warmer, and needing better cooling - raising the fan curve - to accommodate for that.
That gpu is temperature sensitive, so if the thermal headroom is already lacking, just about any overclock will be denied because the gpu would be running even warmer.

The default thermal limit for those blower cards is 81C. The closer the card gets to that, the lower the boost clock will be.

Solution