Question RTX 2070 causing repeated crashes?

Nov 20, 2020
I have a custom built which is approximately 1 1/2 months old. I have recently run into a problem with where I got different BSOD messages leading me to believe I had a driver issue or an overwriting memory issue.
Things I have done so far include:
  1. unplugging and rebooting
  2. checking for driver issues
  3. running memory diagnostic tool (woke up in the morning to my PC running fine, then crashed while playing r6)
After it crashed a final time, the keyboard & mouse stopped responding. Every time I rebooted nothing worked so I checked the case and then discovered (I'm slow) an orange light indicating a VGA problem with my RTX 2070 SUPER.

I then disconnected the card and plugged it into the other available port. This was also unsuccessful in returning my PC back to normal. I am not the most knowledgeable about this stuff and my friend who help me build the PC does not know what the problem is either.

Any help with what could be wrong with my card besides needing to replace it (maybe 2 months old?) would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: eugenechien
I have a custom built which is approximately 1 1/2 months old. I have recently run into a problem with where I got different BSOD messages leading me to believe I had a driver issue or an overwriting memory issue.
Things I have done so far include:
  1. unplugging and rebooting
  2. checking for driver issues
  3. running memory diagnostic tool (woke up in the morning to my PC running fine, then crashed while playing r6)
After it crashed a final time, the keyboard & mouse stopped responding. Every time I rebooted nothing worked so I checked the case and then discovered (I'm slow) an orange light indicating a VGA problem with my RTX 2070 SUPER.

I then disconnected the card and plugged it into the other available port. This was also unsuccessful in returning my PC back to normal. I am not the most knowledgeable about this stuff and my friend who help me build the PC does not know what the problem is either.

Any help with what could be wrong with my card besides needing to replace it (maybe 2 months old?) would be appreciated. Thanks.
You need to list your whole build. Everything needs to be looked at. Be sure to include the brand and model of the power supply.

Nov 20, 2020
The whole build is:

EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super KO Gaming
NZXT H510i case
Cooler Masterliquid Lite 240 AIO CPU Liquid Cooler
ASUS TUF Gamiing z490 plus MB
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2 x 16GB) 288-pin DDR4 SDRAM 2.0
Intel Core i7-10700k
Western Digital Black SN750 NVMe m.2 1TB
EVGA 750 GQ Semi Modular PSU

Also using:

Asus Monitor VG27 (also brand new)

The motherboard is what is indicating the orange VGA light.

Nov 22, 2020
I also have a corsair vengeance, 2070 super, do you think it has something to do with the recent windows updates and nvidia driver updates. my crashes are getting more and more frequent. black screen on games like apex legends and rainbow six siege they happen randomly

Nov 20, 2020
I also have a corsair vengeance, 2070 super, do you think it has something to do with the recent windows updates and nvidia driver updates. my crashes are getting more and more frequent. black screen on games like apex legends and rainbow six siege they happen randomly

I really don't know what the problem was. I have two vengeance corsair ram sticks and removing one of them (I tried it with both separately and one might be faulty) ended up fixing the problem. I already tried this once, but it didnt work the first time. After I removed it, the vga light went away and it posted properly which doesn't make sense to me but it worked. I was getting blue screen crash messages. So I don't think my fix will work for you, but good luck.