[SOLVED] RTX 2070 dead??

Feb 11, 2020
Hey guys,

so my dad bought a used rtx2070 and it seems like broken.

Can anyone tell me what problem this is and maybe how to fix it?
SVPhgeH.jpg

o9u9xBj.jpg

Solution
It is the founders edition

There were issues with early released models... predominantly 2080TIs, but reports existed of problems with 2070s too.

At this point, given the age (or the fact it's second hand), RMA'ing isn't a likely option. You could underclock the memory to see if that removes the artifacting. If so, you could see if you could manually address temps (thermal pads etc)..... but I suspect the damage is already done

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It is the founders edition

There were issues with early released models... predominantly 2080TIs, but reports existed of problems with 2070s too.

At this point, given the age (or the fact it's second hand), RMA'ing isn't a likely option. You could underclock the memory to see if that removes the artifacting. If so, you could see if you could manually address temps (thermal pads etc)..... but I suspect the damage is already done

Solution
Feb 11, 2020

I would like to try underclocking, can you quickly explain me how? does it work with afterburner?