Question RTX 2070 paired with a 60hz monitor, any problems?

Sound_123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
I've ordered a computer over a week ago, and I'm wondering if my monitor is gonna have ghosting or wont keep up with the PC.

Monitor: AOC E2270SWDN 21.5 inch 1080p @60hz

PC specs are

I5 9400f
RTX 2070 OC
16gb of ddr4 ram.
1 126GB ssd
3TB harddrive

I'm planning to change my monitor but not any time soon because I'm kind of broke after I've ordered the PC.

Sound_123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
Keep your settings appropriate to a 60Hz monitor, and you'll be fine.

Try to push your settings past that, and you're going to have problems.

No problem with that setup. Make sure the monitor has the same video imputs as your gpu.
You should get way more than 60hz with a 2070.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm looking into getting the Dell S2419HGF 24inch 1080 @ 144hz monitor.

This is the cheapest one I could find that has 144hz so I wonder if it's good

That monitor seems pretty decent.
It uses TN technology meaning it will have poor color accuracy and it will have narrow viewing angles but the monitor will be very responsive.
Some reviews complain about the colors being washed out constantly because of the poor viewing angles, but most reviews are positive.
It is a very cheap 144hz monitor and it even supports AMD freesync.

Sound_123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
That monitor seems pretty decent.
It uses TN technology meaning it will have poor color accuracy and it will have narrow viewing angles but the monitor will be very responsive.
Some reviews complain about the colors being washed out constantly because of the poor viewing angles, but most reviews are positive.
It is a very cheap 144hz monitor and it even supports AMD freesync.

Washed out colors is a no from me. Thanks for the information.
I've looked a bit more and have found the Asus VG248QE

It looks promising but would like to hear your thoughts.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-...=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00B2HH7G0
It is still a TN panel but it seems to be a bit better. 1ms panels are usually TN and dont have great colors, but quality TN panels should be better.
I would look for VA panels (im using one RN) since they are responsive but have better colors and viewing angles than a TN panel. I can't tell the difference between VA and IPS but TN looks much worse to me.

Sound_123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017

Sound_123

Reputable
Jan 28, 2017
I think my final choice will be the Lenovo Legion Y25F-10. TN it is but I'm not gonna be minding that. (I think every monitor I've ever had was TN lol)

It also looks sick.