[SOLVED] RTX 2070 super output to LG OLED TV doing HDR for games but not VLC or YouTube

Jun 30, 2021
Hello,
I own a RTX2070 super and have it connected to my LG OLED TV mainly for games. HDR is working fine for those, but when I try to use VLC with HDR movies or YouTube with a browser, the HDR does not work with it. I do have the latest version of VLC and have done a fresh install of my gpu driver, but nothing changed it. I have the VLC setup with default settings and my hdr is on for windows 10. Please help if able. Thanks.

Solution
hdr on vlc is done through opengl/directx settings...if ure on default settings...thats why it doesnt work
or you might be missing codecs
for youtube with HDR there are some minimum requirements:
widows 10 fall creator update or later
windows 10 HEVC media extensions (from app store)
chrome or edge browser
in both cases, HDR has to be enabled in windows display settings
hdr on vlc is done through opengl/directx settings...if ure on default settings...thats why it doesnt work
or you might be missing codecs
for youtube with HDR there are some minimum requirements:
widows 10 fall creator update or later
windows 10 HEVC media extensions (from app store)
chrome or edge browser
in both cases, HDR has to be enabled in windows display settings

Solution
Jun 30, 2021
Thank you for the quick response. I changed the settings from automatic to the ones you mentioned, and hdr still does not work. I also added the hevc codec, made sure that hdr is enabled in windows display setting and do have the fall update.
It is probably a small step I am missing and will keep trying to make it work. Thanks again!